• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

17 Passes ,a Record ?

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
Was watching my recording of the now famous QPR demolition as I only got to see it live in person first time around and the best move of the game came in the first half and consisted of a 17 pass move from our great escapists ,yes ,a Seventeen pass move from a Southend Team ,almost unheard of ,effin brilliant ,and the thing about it was that it was in a forward momentum move to try and create another goal rather than playing keep ball across the back line because we was winning which would have been much easier .It was only stopped by a desperate challenge on L.Hunt just outside the D only for Freddy to blast the resulting free kick miles over (Look out Freddy ,Kev's about) .Our players also hardly gave the ball away in the second half as well and watching the game again I would have to say that it was probably the best Passing display by a Southend team that I have seen for many a Year .This sort of thing does wonders for confidence ,the feel good factor amongst Players ,Staff and Fans is well and truly back .

Yep I think I remember the move. At times we played some great football during that match!

What minute was that in, Ill try to you tube it.

I would bet over the last couple of seasons we have been in and around 17 pass moves because definately in the Tilson era, we have been a passing side, which is always a joy to watch.

Remember that whilst watching in the pub up in Lincoln! Was a joy to watch. Think even the northerners were suprised!

Ye reminded me of how ****nal play. We can pass it around better than most teams in the division IMO but somtimes guilty of overplaying it like ****nal do and dont shoot enough, but this has been changing over the last few weeks

It starts in the 39th minute of the first half Jam_Man ,if you could kindly you tube it and link it on here ,that would be great .Thankyou .

thing is, if i remember correctly, there were a few moans from the crowd when the ball got passed back. Some people are never happy!!

Yes rember the move too, remember feeling so proud that it was going out on national telly and everyone watching couldn't fail to be impressed by little Southend despite our lowly league posistion especially as we usually play cr*p infront of the cameras.

There was a long passage of passing when we beat Hull 3-0 back in League 2, reckon that must have gone above 30 passes.

what about the equaliser at Stoke .... a great passing move with a goal at teh end of it .......

especially as we usually play cr*p infront of the cameras.

Theres that urban myth again!

We seemed to do ok in the play off semi final of the play off vs Northampton, the final against Lincoln, not bad against Forest, beat Man Utd, played well against Luton, slaughtered QPR.

Not sure why people still say we are bad on TV !

Yes rember the move too, remember feeling so proud that it was going out on national telly and everyone watching couldn't fail to be impressed by little Southend despite our lowly league posistion especially as we usually play cr*p infront of the cameras.

I think everybody was impressed when we beat man utd. Played well against luton too!! Seriously though, it is great to see that again, something we didn't do so often during those 17 games earlier this season was keep the ball and go forward with it, its great to see the confidence come flowing back!

I remember a game a few seasons back, think it may have been under Rob Newman, where we put together a passage of play that seemed to last ages. I remember us cheering every pass, there must've been nearly 30, until finally the ball was lost with a cross into the box by Damon Searle. He had the good grace to apologise to the fans for it as I recall. Anybody else remember this, or who it was against?

I think everybody was impressed when we beat man utd. Played well against luton too!! Seriously though, it is great to see that again, something we didn't do so often during those 17 games earlier this season was keep the ball and go forward with it, its great to see the confidence come flowing back!

I was particularly impressed with the speed at which we turned defence into attack.

most passes

i can clearly remember a move versus Lincoln City in 1966 when we counted 55 passes before Tony Beanland headed over the bar

Theres that urban myth again!

We seemed to do ok in the play off semi final of the play off vs Northampton, the final against Lincoln, not bad against Forest, beat Man Utd, played well against Luton, slaughtered QPR.

Not sure why people still say we are bad on TV !

We seem to keep a clean sheet on Live TV! so bad new for cheating b*****ds Col Ewes on April 6th as I cannot see them scoring & will get turned over by an fired up SUFC side who want revenge!

We seem to keep a clean sheet on Live TV! so bad new for cheating b*****ds Col Ewes on April 6th as I cannot see them scoring & will get turned over by an fired up SUFC side who want revenge!

Was Live TV! the one with the news in Norwegian and topless weather girls?

I suppose a midfielder with a monkey on his head was a natural progression.

Anyhow, televised games in recent seasons:

5-0 v QPR
0-0 v Luton
0-3 v Cardiff
1-0 v ManUre
1-0 v Forest
0-3 v Southampton
2-0 v Lincoln
0-0 and 1-0 v Northampton
0-2 v Wrexham
0-3 v Luton
0-2 v Blackpool
3-2 v Canvey - was that the last time both teams scored?

I'm sure I've probably left a few 0-3 thrashings out.

Back