• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2 More sign on

Honestly? Can't say that signing Prosser has me excited, but having four Centre Back's does and as long as Prosser is here, he'll have my support.

A bit weird that the article says they both played today when neither of them did. Nitpicking I suppose but still a bit strange.

Shame as Barker sounds like he is only for cover, but sounds like he has got great pedigree. 29, played a lot in the CCC for Stoke and got Cardiff's POTY in 2005. Doubt we'd be able to get him permanently, but I guess he'll be 1st choice for the start of the season.

It'll be interesting to see if he's just temporary cover for Gilbert until he's back fit, if that is the case it really is excellent cover. If not and we did manage to get him longer term then what a fantastic acquisition that would be - especially as he can play anywhere across the back 4.

In July 2009, a "momentary lapse of concentration" led to Prosser hitting 108mph on the M6 Toll road. Two months later he was banned from driving for seven days and fined £225 (plus £50 costs)

Simple mistake I suppose.

Done it myself. But I didn't get banned :)

Last edited:
I assuming loan deals can't be confirmed until the embargo is lifted? Where as we're signing free agents on pre contract deals, I take it we can't sign someone on a pre contract loan?

One note to add.
Tilson would never be able to attract all these players to the club, this is what Sturrock has done and they all want to play Football

One note to add.
Tilson would never be able to attract all these players to the club, this is what Sturrock has done and they all want to play Football

I'm sure all the players Tilson signed wanted to play football, but I imagine they wanted to get paid for doing it like most people. I hope it won't, but the wheels will fall off the Sturrock love bus when Ronald forgets or just plain can't put the money in the bank.

One note to add.

Hahaha! Ah, what a comment. Tilson got agreement from better players than this lot to come here.

Where is the confirmation of Barker and Simpson?

I guess because loans are also subject to the embargo, and you can't sign a 'pre-loan agreement', so we'll have to wait fot the lifting of the embargo for this one.

I guess this shows that Sturrock has no faith in Johnny Herd.

I guess because loans are also subject to the embargo, and you can't sign a 'pre-loan agreement', so we'll have to wait fot the lifting of the embargo for this one.

I guess this shows that Sturrock has no faith in Johnny Herd.

Herd isn't fit at the moment and won't be ready to start the season.

One note to add.

Nonsense, have a look at the list of players Tilson signed, all of whom wanted to play football, and no doubt wanted to be paid for the privilege. How short memories are.

was chatting to one of the older generation today and was told that 40+ players turned up for the the first day of training under Paul Sturrock eager to join this club, and we both agreed that if Tilly was still in control that number would have been in single figures.

Although Tilly is a good manager he simply does not have the contacts that this new management teams has and that has been proven by the amount of new faces being brought into the club

If we still had Tilson now what players could we have got in, Sturrocks done well to bring them in and lucky he has done that ...
All we need now is the embargo lifted!

Back