• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yes we should. Loan out Clifford. No point keeping someone that's going to be released at the end of the season.

I wouldn’t get rid of Clifford. It is my opinion that he will go further in the game than any of our current midfield (Lenny included).

I wouldn’t get rid of Clifford. It is my opinion that he will go further in the game than any of our current midfield (Lenny included).

I agree. In training, he is the most accurate of all the players from outside the box. Even if he isn't starting, he is most useful to bring on as a goal threat from midfield, especially when losing.
He must have thrown a wobbly or something at being dropped as I don't think he has an injury. If so he should knuckle down and fight for his place. He could also work on his stamina, as he tended to look tired and slow at the end of games. But I still believe he has a lot to give and is one of those that may improve a lot. He certainly has ability.

Yes we should. Loan out Clifford. No point keeping someone that's going to be released at the end of the season.

Dont understand this at all. Deegan is an old fashioned thug type midfielder, a stopper if you like. Clifford technically is a much better all round player, still young and raw, but given time will develop into a good player

Deegan is the Peter Butler type player we need to do the dirty stuff and be the hard man against team that have that sort of game plan.

Deegan is the Peter Butler type player we need to do the dirty stuff and be the hard man against team that have that sort of game plan.

Exactly. He does what he does better than any of the other midfielders,ie being the player to make it difficult for the opposition, so why would we want to lose him.

The likes of Leonard and Clifford compete against each other for a place as they are more alike, but neither can play that defensive role the way Deegan can.

Exactly. He does what he does better than any of the other midfielders,ie being the player to make it difficult for the opposition, so why would we want to lose him.

The likes of Leonard and Clifford compete against each other for a place as they are more alike, but neither can play that defensive role the way Deegan can.

The only positive I can see in signing Deegan is that Payne is very much in Phil's plans, the only reason for playing Deegan in my eyes is to accomodate Payne. If we played a three out of Clifford/Timlin/Leonard/Atkinson and they press and work like they did in spells last season then we don't need a "spoiler". I do trust Phil's judgment though so willing to reserve my judgement.

Strong point KS, Wonder what sort of offer we made? We laid down an offer , he has come back with a different proposal, but will probably meet in the middle. If you count Weston ( as club do) and Worrell as midfielders we have 9. I hadnt thought of Clifford going out on loan , but seems a good shout by others on here, especially given his potential and others have highlighted loss of stamina towards end of game. If it worked for Barney , maybe for Connor, although wouldnt want to lose him, just ensure he gets regular football, providing no other issue.
When we bring Barney back, then unless Phil backs Lynch and Williams and genuinely puts them on the bench for contention then we will still only have 3 strikers, in BBBC, Barney and Coulthirst. In my view that is at least 1 if not 2 strikers light in comparison to practically all the other clubs in this league. So I am still hoping a replacement for Elliuot Lee can be sorted before loan window closes.

The only positive I can see in signing Deegan is that Payne is very much in Phil's plans, the only reason for playing Deegan in my eyes is to accomodate Payne. If we played a three out of Clifford/Timlin/Leonard/Atkinson and they press and work like they did in spells last season then we don't need a "spoiler". I do trust Phil's judgment though so willing to reserve my judgement.

Deegan didn't play Saturday and I thought Payne did well

Dont think its the only positive, but its a good point and one Ive made before, with Deegan sitting deep it does allow Payne, or any of the midfielders more freedom.

Deegan didn't play Saturday and I thought Payne did well

As Brown said though, he didnt feel it warranted it with Hartlepools midfield.

It's against more demanding midfields Deegan plays his part.

Dont think its the only positive, but its a good point and one Ive made before, with Deegan sitting deep it does allow Payne, or any of the midfielders more freedom.

As Brown said though, he didnt feel it warranted it with Hartlepools midfield.

It's against more demanding midfields Deegan plays his part.

I totally agree with you

Just 7 days left in the loan market window and our opponents on Saturday sign STRIKER Guy Madjo from Cameroon on 2 month loan. Looks a big fella in the Drogba mode. It is however subject to International clearance although he has been with Tranmere on trial for 4 weeks. so might not turn out against us on Saturday.
When is Phil gonna pull the rabbit out. Gowon, Gowon, Why dontcha, 2 new strikers to cover for what Phil now calls a " lack of abundence in strikers", or Barney back plus one?

Just 7 days left in the loan market window and our opponents on Saturday sign STRIKER Guy Madjo from Cameroon on 2 month loan. Looks a big fella in the Drogba mode. It is however subject to International clearance although he has been with Tranmere on trial for 4 weeks. so might not turn out against us on Saturday.
When is Phil gonna pull the rabbit out. Gowon, Gowon, Why dontcha, 2 new strikers to cover for what Phil now calls a " lack of abundence in strikers", or Barney back plus one?

To be fair Madjo has never been great anywhere and doesn't seem to hang about for long at any of the many lower league clubs he signs for. I'd be very disappointed if we looked at a player like him, we should be aiming higher than that.

I always thought Billy Bodin looked a good player but I see he is unattached now. Shame but picking a good one ain't easy. Maybe things have not gone right for him or maybe he flattered to deceive.

Was wondering the same the other day. Could really do with him at the moment and still no club.

I cannot understand it as he looked very good in pre season,trickery pace and clever even without the ball.

Agree with the above, Fagan looked one of our best players preseason and you could see he had played at a higher level. Also thought i heard that Jermaine Easter is a free agent, he has scored goals wherever he has been. Guessing after playing Spurs yesterday PB will sign another from them, lets face Shaq was signed after impressing in a friendly against us so why not another successful try!!!

Agree with the above, Fagan looked one of our best players preseason and you could see he had played at a higher level. Also thought i heard that Jermaine Easter is a free agent, he has scored goals wherever he has been. Guessing after playing Spurs yesterday PB will sign another from them, lets face Shaq was signed after impressing in a friendly against us so why not another successful try!!!

Easter isnt a free agent and not available according to this

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Millwall-boss-Ian-Holloway-dismisses-Bristol/story-24571825-detail/story.html

Can't imagine that many impressed.

They lost 3-0 to us!

Back