• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question 2022-23 National League - full team lineup and season predictions

In terms of classic and authentic football grounds in this league though Grimsby has to be in the top 5.

Halifax and Wrexham make up the other 2. Maybe Oldham for next season too.

Any other apart from ours deserve a mention?

Long since binned a seat in the West. Bless him, Sid wasn't to know about those 300 stanchions!
Once a West Stander always a West Stander. I stood on the North Bank in the early 60's till the nuts dropped and then over to the West, standing middle back and then finally in a seat in T Block. Great view of both goal mouths and only the one stanchion to peep round. Heaven, when the West rocks there is no better place to be. And yeah I'm :Off Topic: but it just had to be said.

Yes, the one with a much better view than Kings Lynn, Wealdstone, Boreham Wood, Bromley, Maidenhead and Eastleigh.

The one with better facilities than all the above and Aldershot, Barnet, Woking etc.
Barnet facilities were better. Didn't go Woking. Aldershot was a ****hole.

KL view was better for me in the seats, didn't do the rest other than BW

Barnet facilities were better. Didn't go Woking. Aldershot was a ****hole.

KL view was better for me in the seats, didn't do the rest other than BW

Barnet may have looked the part but apart from far to many police and anal stewards. But not enough staff for the expensive by burger standards food and worst of all....They ran out of beer.

For the crime of running out of beer at any event, those in charge should be broken on the wheel followed by hung drawn and quartered. Then body parts gibbeted around the country as a warning to others.

Barnet may have looked the part but apart from far to many police and anal stewards. But not enough staff for the expensive by burger standards food and worst of all....They ran out of beer.

For the crime of running out of beer at any event, those in charge should be broken on the wheel followed by hung drawn and quartered. Then body parts gibbeted around the country as a warning to others.
I thought apart from the mess to get in at Woking the view from the terrace was very good.

Didn’t sample the kiosk but was impressed.

I thought apart from the mess to get in at Woking the view from the terrace was very good.

Didn’t sample the kiosk but was impressed.

Bit of long walk from the station and as you say a mess at the gates. Its not as if we are from Liverpool.

As KO approached the last 100 or so just pushed past the pointless pat down and I went in the seats. Was a decent view and they should open up more of them next season.

And don't forget being able to watch the local amateurs on the pitch at the back of the open end of the ground! And those burger made the West stand ones look gourmet. Stewards, don't get me started.

Back