• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question 2022-23 National League - full team lineup and season predictions

Torquay maybe but you can’t put Yeovil and Grimsby together surely?

The open terrace at Yeovil let’s it down, as well as location, capacity etc.

Stadiums that are built in the house are dying and that’s what I think of when I think of authentic football grounds.
Hang on!
Yeovil is in Yeovil; Grimsby is in Cleethorpes, so this 'authentic' location thing; what exactly do you mean?
Capacity for Grimsby is 9,052; Yeovil's is 9,565.
Am all eyes for another definition of authentic...

Also do we know if the EFL are going to grant the VNL another promotion spot from 2 to 3 ,i myself think its very reasonable and should be put in place.

Not sure if this has been previously posted but I understand that footie next season will start earlier than usual apparently due to the World Cup.Apparently the NL will start on 6th August and finishes on the 29th April.Not be able to confirm as their is nothing on the Vanarama site.This could affect attendances as most families will be away on holiday including your truly

Currently 13/24 would have played in the football league if you include FC Halifax.

Not included Gateshead and Maidstone.

If Grimsby stay down it will be 14/24 ex football league teams. Astounding.
I’m not sure why you include Halifax—new club—but not Gateshead or Maidstone.(“currently“perhaps ?)
Gateshead were in Third Division North,then Division 4 and never came up against the Mighty Blues. Maidstone did of course.

I was listening to an interesting interview with Rick Parry the EFL boss last night. He was saying that he is hopeful of more money being spread from the Premier League into the EFL and interestingly the National League as part of the pyramid. He feels that the report by Tracey Crouch gives room for optimism. Apparently over 75% of EFL clubs are insolvent. Good that he includes National League (although not the North or South) in the plans. I presume the folks who run the National League will participate in any discussions.

I’m not sure why you include Halifax—new club—but not Gateshead or Maidstone.(“currently“perhaps ?)
Gateshead were in Third Division North,then Division 4 and never came up against the Mighty Blues. Maidstone did of course.
I included Halifax only due to them using the same ground as the previous team where as the other 2 didn’t but if we are to include these 2 then it’s 16/24 ex football league teams.

Leaving them out it’s 13/24 which is crazy!

I was listening to an interesting interview with Rick Parry the EFL boss last night. He was saying that he is hopeful of more money being spread from the Premier League into the EFL and interestingly the National League as part of the pyramid. He feels that the report by Tracey Crouch gives room for optimism. Apparently over 75% of EFL clubs are insolvent. Good that he includes National League (although not the North or South) in the plans. I presume the folks who run the National League will participate in any discussions.
Heard the same interview. Shame the founding chairman of the Premier League (shurely shome mishtake) has never had his feet held to the fire over his role in the increased financial inequality between the EFL and the PL, and more acutely for us, "maintaing the integrity of the competition" by relegating and promoting teams based on a projected points outcome.

Except that the team we played was Maidstone United and the Gateshead we would have played was Gateshead A.F.C. Therefore none of the three should be included. I nearly included Aldershot but their reformed club played in the league as do the reformed Accrington Stanley. Workington are in the eight tier but still the same club and Bradford Park Avenue are a reformed club with much to do.

Cricko how did we fare against New Brighton? :Look::Look:

I am still umming and thinking of going to play off final, as a simple spectator, BUT it appears tickets are from £40 plus and only available thru the 2 clubs , who will never fill half of the place.
Why is it not possible to either buy from stadium or pay on day?
And why is it so much dosh?

Lots of complaints to the national league about this with them releasing a statement Saying that they are fully aware of the cost of living crisis but nothing has changed in regards to ticket prices.

Vanarama I’ve actually sent £20,000 each to Solihull and Grimsby yet the league has done nothing Except overcharge the fans and not apologise…

Lots of complaints to the national league about this with them releasing a statement Saying that they are fully aware of the cost of living crisis but nothing has changed in regards to ticket prices.

Vanarama I’ve actually sent £20,000 each to Solihull and Grimsby yet the league has done nothing Except overcharge the fans and not apologise…
And this: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...9t6gEfIRwQ5Oqs5b5j1jdhaaxZqPEF2yGtmmb9wVjYyqU

It's great that Vanarama and fans are coming together to help, but at the end of the day, this just means that the NL / venue etc. just get to fill their pockets. As always, the supporters are the ones that lose out.

The only chance of change is if fan boycotted games in these circumstances... but we know and they know... that won't happen.

Back