• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2022-23 Southend United Retained / Released List

Excellent decisions. Finally can put Akinola and ANG to bed, clearly neither fit or bothered about playing for us.
Should free up a decent amount of wages.
Slightly surprised at Davies but we are clearly looking at full backs from tbe leagues below.

Absolutely spot on for me, though sad to see a couple of good servants leave. Good luck to all those departing.

Great our 3/4 season wait for a mass clear out has happened now we will have 100s of pages on who we should be keeping! Well done the 3 amigos looking forward to seeing some new names on the team sheet

12 players under contract. If the 5 offered a contract accept that's 17. Presumably a batch of 3 or so loanees. Call it a squad of 20 now. How many will we actually need to sign ? I've no idea what a NL squad should look like in numbers ?

12 players under contract. If the 5 offered a contract accept that's 17. Presumably a batch of 3 or so loanees. Call it a squad of 20 now. How many will we actually need to sign ? I've no idea what a NL squad should look like in numbers ?

Kev has indicated a squad of about 25 in a perfect world. Wants to keep a tight-nit group.

The most promising thing about that list, is imagining the amount of money we’ve just shaved off the wage bill.

Best of luck to everyone departing, and genuinely excited to see the incomings now.

There are 12 names on the retained list, with an additional 5 being offered contracts. I’d say from that 17, only 14 of them make up a current first team squad, so how many do we think we’ll be looking at bringing in over the summer? 10?

Bridge, Husin and Wood are our only midfielders, so would expect an influx in that area, for starters.

Always a sad time of year, but very happy with the precision the management team have shown.

Good luck to all those released. Congratulations to all those offered a new contract (assuming they decide to accept the terms) and I look forward to all those that will now be joining the journey.

For the first time in a while I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing who join the squad - it's exciting, isn't it???

Great our 3/4 season wait for a mass clear out has happened now we will have 100s of pages on who we should be keeping! Well done the 3 amigos looking forward to seeing some new names on the team sheet
The only players that I have seen people express any surprise at being released are Atkinson and Davies, who have both been here for less than a year. Even then nobody is saying we *should* have kept them.

Just the doctored ordered,couple of interesting ones being released but overall its was needed.Kev needs a clean sheet looking forward in hearing about the new recruits bring it on

Spot on and really good to see. Good luck to those that need to find new clubs.
Just hope we are looking at bolstering a back three that won’t be reliant on Hobson starting.

Under Contract
  • Steve Arnold (extension triggered)
  • Nathan Ralph (extension triggered)
  • Shaun Hobson (extension triggered)
  • Jack Bridge
  • Rhys Murphy
  • Sam Dalby
  • Callum Powell
  • Jason Demetriou (extension triggered)
  • Jack Wood
  • Ollie Kensdale
  • Noor Husin
  • Harry Cardwell
Offered Contracts
  • Tom Clifford
  • Collin Andeng-Ndi
  • Jon Benton
  • Oli Coker
  • Tommy Davis
Only Ralph, Hobson, Demetriou and Clifford were first team players at the club 12 months ago. Pretty substantial (and much-needed) turnaround.

All the best to those that have been released. It was a tough first half of the season for a few of them but not for the want of trying. There's some experienced pros in that list that may have done better for us had the recruitment been better in the first place.

As for the younger lads, get yourself a move a league or 2 below and play!

Many are mentioning Leon Davies and I feel the same that its a shame he left, but maybe it was a mutual decision.

Maybe we couldn't offer exactly what he was after in terms of a constant starting position.

Whatever the reason, I am sure it was all decided on good terms dealing with the 3 amigos.

Back