• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

24 Season 7 trailer

Beefy

Life President
After a lackluster sixth season, 24 returns in January having had a kick up the backside. 'Big Balls' Bill Buchanan is there, as is Chloe but CTU is gone, the show has moved to Washington DC. And they look to have bowed to fan pressure to bring back one of most popular characters they ever had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvLpSDwKCqQ

Can't wait. You can keep your Lost and your Prison Break, it's 24 all the way for me.

Tony Almeida IS dead... Losing creativity I see, Reckon this ill more than likely be the final season.

Tony Almeida is back? Was S6 just a dream and will Edgar walk out of the shower as well?

I think there's a film between S7 & S8 so it's going to be far from over for a while.

The returning character is "Carlos", can't remember who that is - but I did miss S3.

Can't wait. You can keep your Lost and your Prison Break, it's 24 all the way for me.

Well it had better be, er, better or it wont compete as I was completely bored last time around. Fingers crossed.

Im hoping the returning character is his daughter. I really enjoyed watching her get captured repeatedly.Hmmmmn...

Just started watching Prison Break and over the last week watched the first two series (go on the manflu!).

First series was really good (break out of prison), second series was good (go on the run), but the third series seems a series too far (oh we are in prison again on some really weak plot line).

Cant see how they will get 6 seasons out of that one.

Carlos Bernard - Who plays Tony Almeida.

D_oh.jpg

First series was really good (break out of prison), second series was good (go on the run), but the third series seems a series too far (oh we are in prison again on some really weak plot line).

Cant see how they will get 6 seasons out of that one.

First series was a blowback case from a operation Jack did in Serbia X years ago that involved a breakout. Second series involved a nuclear bomb and a conspiracy within the government to go to war with three middle east countries and thus drive oil prices up. Third series was a weaponised virus that involved a breakout, with a little bit more blowback from the Serbian mission. Can't say for the rest as I haven't seen all of them.

24 has suffered from a case of diminishing quality as each season has progressed. The first was excellent, the second damn good, the third watchable and the subsequent ones merely OK....

I don't have too high hopes for the new season.

24 has suffered from a case of diminishing quality as each season has progressed. The first was excellent, the second damn good, the third watchable and the subsequent ones merely OK....

I don't have too high hopes for the new season.

I wouldn't agree with that, I think the first three were all fantastic, then they dipped in season four before coming back with a very good fifth season. Season six had it's moments but it felt very recycled. There's an interview with the creators on the bonus disc for the last year in which they basically admit that they completely ran out of ideas. Unlike Lost, which is planned out in great detail well in advance, 24 pretty much gets written on the fly with a vague outline of how the year will go which is then padded out every week, hence Habib Marwan being turned into the main bad guy in the 4th year when he was originally only supposed to be in three episodes and hence Tony being saved at the start of the 5th year only to be killed off pretty much as soon as he woke up again because they decided they didn't have time to run with the 'Tony gets revenge for Michelle' story that they had originally planned. In the sixth year they ran out of story three quarters of the way through so they had to run with the proposed seventh season story (Jack saves Audrey from the Chinese) in those last six episodes.

The panning that the last season took from the critics seems to have given the creators a kick up the backside so they've removed CTU in order to take away that particular plot device (as they'd long established that there wasn't any problem in the World that Chloe couldn't resolve by repositioning satellites...) and they had said that this was going to be a smaller, much more personal story this time although it doesn't look that way from the trailer.

I don't know... I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. As you can probably tell, I'm a huge 24 fan in fact other than Neighbours it's just about the only thing that I watch...

I read once that Lost was supposed to only be 3 series, but that they're going to pad it out into 6 or 7 as it's doing so well. It'll be interesting to see whether people still give a toss about it in 2 years time...

Lost will definitely end after series 5. The final one of last series hinted at some kind of resolution.

Edit: And I come home and the clip has been removed by Fox. B@STARDS!

Edit 2: Here's a link...looks fantastic :)

http://www.24trailer.com/

Last edited:
Lost will definitely end after series 5. The final one of last series hinted at some kind of resolution.

Actually they are running it until season six but they are going to do three 16-episode seasons rather than two 24 episode runs like they usually do.

Back