• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I remember that day was young,first time i had seen us get relegated and was a horrible feeling.

My memory of that day?
I was a holiday rep working on Mallorca.
I went to a phone box and called the club immediately after the final whistle. The phone was answered by a voice I recognised - the amazing Mr Ray Davey - and I asked how it went. The reply was:

"They were great - won 1-0"
Pause.
I am punching the air and shouting.
A few seconds and then:
"shame we are relegated anyway".

Stunned silence.

My memory of that day?
I was a holiday rep working on Mallorca.
I went to a phone box and called the club immediately after the final whistle. The phone was answered by a voice I recognised - the amazing Mr Ray Davey - and I asked how it went. The reply was:

"They were great - won 1-0"
Pause.
I am punching the air and shouting.
A few seconds and then:
"shame we are relegated anyway".

Stunned silence.

Didn't call the ticket office then? You'd have spent a lot of coins in the machine!!

I was one of those on the pitch it seemed crazy we had been relegated we only lost 4 games at home that season. A few weeks earlier we had won 4 games on the trot and it seemed we were well clear of relegation but a few defeats in a row saw us fall back in the relegation zone. Any other year 54 points would have been easily enough to stay up. Well to make up for that relegation we ended up being promoted 2 seasons running.

Back