• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2nd Round Review and Quarter Final draw

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
Before we make the draw for the Quarters lets remind ourselves how things went last time out ...

Nevermind 36 Tommy 13 (73%)
Doolittle 26 Sgt Pepper 26 (50%) Doolittle on pens
London Calling 36 His n Hers 20 (64%)
Dark Side of the Moon 25 A Night at the Opera 16 (61%)
The Stone Roses 29 Abbey Road 15 (66%)
Revolver 28 Invisible Touch 15 (65%)
Appetite for Destruction 15 Thriller 24 (62%)
The White Album 19 (What's the Story)Morning Glory 25 (57%)

As you can see a lot of these ties we're very samey, with only Nevermind winning 2/3s of any vote and everyone else battling gamely without really challanging ... the most noticeable thing i feel was the collapse of The Beatles support, after all swept to victory first time out only Revolver progressed this time around

Doolittle had its customary draw, but The Big Shrimps strong campaigning has again seen him win through, will his luck hold out again i wonder .. we're about to find out i guess !!!

Right, here goes ... a reminder of the runners and riders, and their numbers

1 DARK SIDE OF THE MOON (Pink Floyd) - Cricko
2 NEVERMIND (Nirvana) - Aberdeen Shrimper
4 REVOLVER (The Beatles) - manor15
8 THRILLER (Michael Jackson) - chadded
11 THE STONE ROSES (The Stone Roses) - MK Shrimper
18 LONDON CALLING (The Clash) - Ulysses
20 (WHAT'S THE STORY)MORNING GLORY (Oasis) -Carl
22 DOOLITTLE (The Pixies) - The Big Shrimp

The home teams will be drawn by Daniel Venus, and the aways by Tom Young ...

Monday 9th March

(Whats the Story) Morning Glory vs Revolver
The Stone Roses vs London Calling

Tuesday 10th March

Thriller vs Nevermind
Dark Side of the Moon vs Doolittle

Phew, i thought it was going to be Pink Floyd vs Nirvana then !!!

The matches will be up Monday and Tuesday morning, though i'm sure what time as i'm off work and might fancy a lie-in :zzzzz: ;)

easy.

Thriller vs Nevermind is a very tough draw, couldn't pick between them

easy.

Thriller vs Nevermind is a very tough draw, couldn't pick between them

Easily the hardest draw there, one sponsored by a mate, the other, probably the greatest album of the last 30 years.

Last edited:
Some pretty tough match ups there. It's going to be an interesting competition. Possibly divided on "youth" vs "oldies"?

Back