• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

3-5-2

it would of been worth a look but with just a week and a bit to go until the start of the season we should of looked at the idea sooner. but could be an option to flood out the midfield and pressure the other team if we are getting the run around one game.

Dont like it to be honest.

At this level, leaving 4-4-2 is a major risk, and there is nothing wrong with competition for places.

playing the christmas tree formation!

biggrin.gif

4-5-1 makes more sense if tilly wanted to play with 5 midfielders and it makes sense considering our limited striking options, Jay Smith in an AMC role behind freddy would be deadly IMO.

should have tried 4-5-1 and 3-5-2 in friendlies tbh. In theory we would sweep teams away with them formations

You have to stick to 4-4-2. Its a very simple and very balanced formation. It provides teams with width, if required, and the wide man can tuck in as well and make it 4 central midfielders. Also, two forwards are a lot harder to mark then one.

Also, the mind set for playing different positions in a different formation is completely different. For example, it will be harder for Adam Barrett, Spencer Prior and Andy Edwards playing as centre halfs because they have to cover more space between them. At times they will be pulled wide and at times they will all be in the middle.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SuperShrimper @ July 27 2005,15:25)]4-5-1 makes more sense if tilly wanted to play with 5 midfielders and it makes sense considering our limited striking options, Jay Smith in an AMC role behind freddy would be deadly IMO.
Not sure if Freddy could play the lone striker role that well, considering he doesn't win much in the air, and likes to drop deep and slot in the hole between the midfield and the striker.

I can see tilly playing a 4-5-1 formation against some of the top clubs away from home, if the likes of bently, gower, cole can chip in with around 6-8 mark this season then it could work .

Wouldn't like to see it at home as feel we should be more attacking , so back to the 4-4-2 .

I agree with lucas. 4-5-1 would hamper Freddy. Not many strikers playing up on their own score many goals because they have to sacrifice their game for the good of the team. I don't think we'd be wanting that to happen to Eastwood.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ July 27 2005,15:56)]I agree with lucas. 4-5-1 would hamper Freddy. Not many strikers playing up on their own score many goals because they have to sacrifice their game for the good of the team. I don't think we'd be wanting that to happen to Eastwood.
The lone striker role wold suit Wayne Gray more than Freddy. Wayne wins more in the air, is stronger, holds the ball up better as well.

We shouldn't change the formation, but there is definetely options available to change things around if need be.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ July 27 2005,15:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ July 27 2005,15:56)]I agree with lucas. 4-5-1 would hamper Freddy. Not many strikers playing up on their own score many goals because they have to sacrifice their game for the good of the team. I don't think we'd be wanting that to happen to Eastwood.
The lone striker role wold suit Wayne Gray more than Freddy. Wayne wins more in the air, is stronger, holds the ball up better as well.
If Freddy gets injured at all this year it wouldn't surprise me to see us lay that awayin some away matches. Pack the midfield and let Wayne run himself into the ground up on his own.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ July 27 2005,16:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ July 27 2005,15:35)]3-1-4-2?

Barrett-Prior-Hunt

Maher

Gower-Smith-Beno-Cole

Freddy-Wayne
Blimey - now that is attacking, I can't see much defending from Gower & Cole.
Attacking, its suicidal...

Imagine the amount of space behind Gower and Cole.

Knock a diagonal ball into those channels The 3 centre backs will get split leaving Maher alone covering any midfield runners.

Back