• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So we have signed Harris, N'Diaye and Johnson.

Does anyone have any information if any players have moved on or gone out on loan.

Delighted that Hall, Ferdinand, Bilel and Grant all still here.

Evans, Herd, Comminges, Bouzid & Soares were released. Don't think any of them have found new clubs yet?

Easton's contract expired and has officially left, has signed with anyone yet.

I think there will be at least half a dozen going out on loan (If anyone will take them)

I would not be surprised to see a couple flogged as well (If a half decent offer was received)

One player in particular really needs to move on. Not only for his own benefit, but for the clubs as well.

One player in particular really needs to move on. Not only for his own benefit, but for the clubs as well.
This is a total guess, and I hope it doesn't start a rumour but, could it be Granty? The obvious would be Patterson, but I thought you'd have just come right out and say that rather than be cryptic ;) Interesting...

This is a total guess, and I hope it doesn't start a rumour but, could it be Granty? The obvious would be Patterson, but I thought you'd have just come right out and say that rather than be cryptic ;) Interesting...

Yes I instantly thought Paterson but the only other player it could be is Granty......

Your reading too much into that Fred!

If it is Grant then I would have thought that the club would have upped their effort to keep Easton providing he didnt want stupid amounts of money

i think afew of the youngsters might need to go out on loan. Hopefully tilly down at lincoln is willing to loan the likes of stevens, woodyard etc to give them some experience. Especially as the spots for centre mid are very tight and full this season.

How would it be in the "clubs benefit" that Grant moves on? It WOULD certainly benefit the club if we could offload Paterson's wages.

I agree it's more likely to be Paterson. However I also read on here a couple of times late last season that Granty was annoyed that the club had gone back on a pledge to let him go to a club in a higher division in January. How true that is I don't know, if it is and bids DID come in I can see why he was peeved - his loyalty when all around him were understandably handing in their notice at the end of 2009/10 deserves more than that. Hope he stays, he must be able to see that we have a decent chance of getting out of this league now.

As I said it's highly likely to be Pato - were you just throwing us a speculative bone Smiffy? :smile:

I would keep Paterson....he is better than Blair Sturrock IMHO

Blair is probably better value for money as he's likely on a fraction of Pato's wage. Getting Paterson off the wage bill may lead to one or two more quality additions plus it's been said PS wants him gone to avoid any issues within the squad with regards to pay disparity. Best for all if he moves on.

Also Pato is very much a confidence player and they tend not to do too well at Southend...... :unsure:

I agree it's more likely to be Paterson. However I also read on here a couple of times late last season that Granty was annoyed that the club had gone back on a pledge to let him go to a club in a higher division in January. How true that is I don't know, if it is and bids DID come in I can see why he was peeved - his loyalty when all around him were understandably handing in their notice at the end of 2009/10 deserves more than that. Hope he stays, he must be able to see that we have a decent chance of getting out of this league now.

As I said it's highly likely to be Pato - were you just throwing us a speculative bone Smiffy? :smile:

So he was peeved that his loyalty wasnt rewarded when he wanted to leave.

Hmmm.

Back