• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
And still only two new faces .Most clubs have now got there squads and have bedded in there new faces .But once again it looks like we are going to bring in either loan players or last few days of pre season . I cant see why Phil Brown keeps saying that he wont be rushed into bringing new faces .Well he sure aint rushing I have seen snails move faster .

From CP's twitter -
Brown "We will be making a signing next week. We could also sign one of the trialists and make it two. But I won't say who."

And still only two new faces .Most clubs have now got there squads and have bedded in there new faces .But once again it looks like we are going to bring in either loan players or last few days of pre season . I cant see why Phil Brown keeps saying that he wont be rushed into bringing new faces .Well he sure aint rushing I have seen snails move faster .
Because he will be under strict orders from RM not to reveal the real state we are in behind the scenes probably.

.Well he sure aint rushing I have seen snails move faster .

Is your own life driven by blind panic as well? Bad day at work - sack the wife, bring in new kids, buy a new house.

i strongly suggest a summer hobby. Essex are going well, why not spend your time on that?

Is your own life driven by blind panic as well? Bad day at work - sack the wife, bring in new kids, buy a new house.

i strongly suggest a summer hobby. Essex are going well, why not spend your time on that?

Id rather Brown took his time and got the right players in. Its all well and good these other teams having their squads but I'm glad Brown is taking a bit of time

Id rather Brown took his time and got the right players in. Its all well and good these other teams having their squads but I'm glad Brown is taking a bit of time

This is spot on. Some people sound like they would prefer we just signed anyone regardless of quality.

If you haven't got a counter argument why post ? Oh yeah because your so sad you just can't help having a go at people you don't like, sadman.com

Counter argument to what? As usual, it's RM's fault we haven't signed all the players other teams have as we don't have any money etc etc. Where are the facts that lends itself to what you say?

Are we under an embargo? You seem to think so as we are in a state and Brown isn't allowed to say anything. Do you think Brown is a yes man and will do exactly as RM says?

As I've already posted, I'd rather time was taken to get the correct personnel in to gain promotion. That's my positive view, whereas yours is a negative view. You have always been negative in the different guises you have had on here. Why is it you have to keep re-registering under a new name anyway?

I don't dislike you, I don't even know you so I'd rather you didn't tell me who I like and don't like

I think if we can keep the spine of last years team and add a few quality signings we can be right up there again.

Because he will be under strict orders from RM not to reveal the real state we are in behind the scenes probably.

Negative comment with nothing to substantiate it- we brought in Weston and given that we only for once need to bring in 4-5 players PB is being patient - GOOD

We know how the transfer market works, and many of the better players keep their options open as long as possible to either get the best deal they can or play at the highest level they can.

However if you have proof that since our last signing official signing ( which was technically I think Barnard a couple of weeks ago) something has happened please share it

if it complete speculation that's fine- you're in good company

Take ya time Mr Brown I say. Look at what we are trying to replace at CB (the real area that needs sorting at the mo) prosser I think we all agree is good leaving us to find another to play alongside.....needs to be a good un. Chill out we will be fine

Take ya time Mr Brown I say. Look at what we are trying to replace at CB (the real area that needs sorting at the mo) prosser I think we all agree is good leaving us to find another to play alongside.....needs to be a good un. Chill out we will be fine

Taking time to find the right player is important. Just how long is that time? Have we not been identifying targets for months, if not why not? Do you believe we wait until the season is over before compiling lists?

Further to that we have a list of rolled out names that we want to get in and none materialise. The only players we have had on trial are so unconvincing they cant make our management team want to snap them up.

It may not be PB's fault or RM's and there may or may not be an embargo but the way it is publicly handled leaves much to be desired. A bit like the has he or hasn't PB signed a new deal that got aired in the papers.

Its not only the fact that we have not signed enough players but yet again make our dealings look like a three ringed circus.

Taking time to find the right player is important. Just how long is that time? Have we not been identifying targets for months, if not why not? Do you believe we wait until the season is over before compiling lists?

Further to that we have a list of rolled out names that we want to get in and none materialise. The only players we have had on trial are so unconvincing they cant make our management team want to snap them up.

It may not be PB's fault or RM's and there may or may not be an embargo but the way it is publicly handled leaves much to be desired. A bit like the has he or hasn't PB signed a new deal that got aired in the papers.

Its not only the fact that we have not signed enough players but yet again make our dealings look like a three ringed circus.

Most of our true targets won't be trialists- they don't need to be & wouldn't bother
Forget the names rolled out, often we are interested but we only publicise due to speculation and press. If we can keep real targets secret we do. where was the speculation re Weston?

lots of clubs interested in the better players - the nature of the thing is is that 4-5 clubs chase a given player. You loose out on more than you get. Why is any of this surprising?

Counter argument to what? As usual, it's RM's fault we haven't signed all the players other teams have as we don't have any money etc etc. Where are the facts that lends itself to what you say?

Are we under an embargo? You seem to think so as we are in a state and Brown isn't allowed to say anything. Do you think Brown is a yes man and will do exactly as RM says?

As I've already posted, I'd rather time was taken to get the correct personnel in to gain promotion. That's my positive view, whereas yours is a negative view. You have always been negative in the different guises you have had on here. Why is it you have to keep re-registering under a new name anyway?

I don't dislike you, I don't even know you so I'd rather you didn't tell me who I like and don't like
Such a tool, do tell me about these guises ? you really are sad

Every thread on here now seems to turn into the same 4 or 5 people having a go at each other. You won't change the view of someone with a closed mind, so may as well just set their posts to be ignored, relax and let the rest of us enjoy the forum again.

Such a tool, do tell me about these guises ? you really are sad

Do you not have a counter argument regarding why we haven't signed players? I gave my positive argument in response to your request. Do you need to resort to personal insults? Your tone and wording on here lends itself to a couple of other posters that came and went, one after the other then you arrive using the same type wording and negative posts.

Please stop sending me PM's. They get deleted straight away, so you are wasting your time.

For what it's worth, my taking on it is that Worrall will be the signing. The only one, outside the trialists, that we were purportedly close to signing. As for the trialist Hoyte looks the likeliest. That still leaves us with three problems 1) At least one central-defender. 2) A temporary dynamic midfielder to replace Timlin. 3) A forward with pace like Loza (against Oxford).

Back