• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

3 year ban for doing the ****** sign to the colchester fans

Sounds pretty consistent for Essex plod. Three mates banned for 3 years about 5 years ago for alledgedly doing a Gareth Hunt to the oppos fans at Layer Road amongst a group of about 150 200 singing ''Lets all 'wave' at ....(oppo whoever it was)'' whilst bestowing the virtues of said coffee bean. The rest were back doing it next home game. Meanwhile courts throw it out on lack of evidence but club, and mainly OB, decide on invoking a ban anyway so as not to look any more stuipid for bringing such a ridiculous case to court.
They had the last laugh as they only made it a home ban and these three were reqular away fans anyway and didn't miss a single away trip in those three years.

Whilst I wouldn't condone gestures at the family enclosure, or prawn sandwiches it's pretty much expected between rival 'ends'.
Much like a road rage when the other geezer is expecting a fingers.

I can't believe this,i agree with you,have some green.

In todays Echo Spooner said he aresting him for swaering and making gestures at a boxing day game which is traditionally a family day. Not when it is against your closest rivals for **** sake !!!!

And i blame the club for puting familys in the most boisterous part of the ground and leaving the regulars without seats and therefore Roots Hall was like a morgue

Talk about double standards a certain well known fan and his son involved in a punch up in the ground at Oxford a few years ago seen by thousands and they get away with it andwere never banned.

In todays Echo Spooner said he aresting him for swaering and making gestures at a boxing day game which is traditionally a family day. Not when it is against your closest rivals for **** sake !!!!

And i blame the club for puting familys in the most boisterous part of the ground and leaving the regulars without seats and therefore Roots Hall was like a morgue

It also states that the lad had been warned to stop. Now if he had been arrested etc for doing it once, that's out of order. If he had been warned but chose to ignore the warning and carry on, he has nobody to blame except himself!

It also states that the lad had been warned to stop. Now if he had been arrested etc for doing it once, that's out of order. If he had been warned but chose to ignore the warning and carry on, he has nobody to blame except himself!

Your watching your team make stupid mistakes against your closest rivals your not going to sit there and keep stum becasue some old tart whos bought her 7 year old kid to the game said so, are you???. Dont like it sit in the family enclosure not the most boisterous part of the ground on derby day. people swear in the west stand week in week out, why should we be told to stop becasue some tart told us not too???

too give a 3 year ban to my mate for swearing on derby day is ****ing ridiculous it make my blood boil !!!!!

Spooner should of known better to write some utter tosh in the paper !!

Your watching your team make stupid mistakes against your closest rivals your not going to sit there and keep stum becasue some old tart whos bought her 7 year old kid to the game said so, are you???. Dont like it sit in the family enclosure not the most boisterous part of the ground on derby day. people swear in the west stand week in week out, why should we be told to stop becasue some tart told us not too???

too give a 3 year ban to my mate for swearing on derby day is ****ing ridiculous it make my blood boil !!!!!

I can categorically deny this. I've never done such a thing, and never will ;)

Talk about double standards a certain well known fan and his son involved in a punch up in the ground at Oxford a few years ago seen by thousands and they get away with it andwere never banned.

That was the infamous Southend versus Southend fans. I helped to break up the father fight, purely acting as peacemaker, and was nearly arrested by a dumbo copper.

I agree with you, I am as bad as the rest, BUT, if I was warned by the police to stop, I would take notice and stop. I love Southend United and am as passionate as the next man, but if I have been warned by the police, I know that if I carry on, I am getting arrested and may be banned, I would control myself so that I got to come and support them next week.

It seems that this thread has brought up the old "families in football" debate and I thought i'd offer some of my opinions. I know how important getting kids through the gates is to our future, by rights I should be a West Ham fan! My Dad, my Grandad and the rest of my family are. My Dad and my uncle were too tight to take me to Upton Park though and after a few trips to Roots Hall I was a Shrimper and nothing was going to change that! Back then there was no family enclosure and I think the overall attitude was different. Bad language was rife and my Dad just told me not to use it at school etc. There were other father and son's there and they did have a problem with it, now the way I see it is that we have a family stand for people like that now, people who want to enjoy the football without any negative effect on their children.
I sit on the back row of the east yellows and have several people around me who regularly bring kids. I'm not really one to use abusive language and have always been mindful of the children around me but there are moments where the passion gets the better of you, I had one such moment during the recent Charlton game, I think you can guess which moment. Anyhow after my outburst I received a disgusted look from a gentleman with his kids. I wasn't in the best of moods to start with but this really annoyed me, I didn't react in anyway choosing to focus on a ginger chap on the pitch but thought to myself if this guy wants to sit in an area where his kids wont have to listen to expletives then why doesn't he get his tickets in the family stand?

I'd be interested to hear opinions on this?

The problem is you used to be able to move if you were near an unsavoury group (or just don't stand near them in the first place!), now with the majority of grounds being all-seater its not that easy.

“To some people, a banning order may seem harsh but from the police perspective, it’s the right result.”

And the Police can only prosecute with the ok from the crown prosecution service which only prosecute when its in the public interest which in my opinion and others (not all) on here DO NOT think its in the public interest to ban this lad.

Now please go and arrest Stephen Gerrard for two fingers the other night its on camera oh and while your there go pick up Gary Neville.... but will you? NO = FARCE!

It seems that this thread has brought up the old "families in football" debate and I thought i'd offer some of my opinions. I know how important getting kids through the gates is to our future, by rights I should be a West Ham fan! My Dad, my Grandad and the rest of my family are. My Dad and my uncle were too tight to take me to Upton Park though and after a few trips to Roots Hall I was a Shrimper and nothing was going to change that! Back then there was no family enclosure and I think the overall attitude was different. Bad language was rife and my Dad just told me not to use it at school etc. There were other father and son's there and they did have a problem with it, now the way I see it is that we have a family stand for people like that now, people who want to enjoy the football without any negative effect on their children.
I sit on the back row of the east yellows and have several people around me who regularly bring kids. I'm not really one to use abusive language and have always been mindful of the children around me but there are moments where the passion gets the better of you, I had one such moment during the recent Charlton game, I think you can guess which moment. Anyhow after my outburst I received a disgusted look from a gentleman with his kids. I wasn't in the best of moods to start with but this really annoyed me, I didn't react in anyway choosing to focus on a ginger chap on the pitch but thought to myself if this guy wants to sit in an area where his kids wont have to listen to expletives then why doesn't he get his tickets in the family stand?

I'd be interested to hear opinions on this?

Top post.

I agree entirely with what you say. My dad used to take me to the football and there was no mention of the language. My mum would attend too. The language was despicable but nothing was ever mentioned. I still get a little word in my ear from mum if I use bad language in front of her. Dad lets it pass and enjoys indulging in many a swear word particularly when he discusses work.

I think school is the main consideration. We all know the kids will use bad language at some point in their life it is just a matter of when. I will never forget the day I heard 4 teenage lads continually shout the C word and then when family friends come over I decided that it must be a bad word but didn't know the extent to which people disagree with it. I asked the friend's son who was about 6 at the time and me 9 to call his Mum a C... and lets just say I will never forget that day and the reaction it got as the four of them were sitting around the dinner table!!

By allowing your children into any part of the ground that is not labelled family in my mind you are accepting swearing as part & parcel unless ofcourse you have never been to a football match before.

In your case KingShrimper this is bad etiquette from the father taking his children into the yellows. Passion is the key word and every bloke that loves football is most likely to understand getting carried away!

Passion is the key word and every bloke that loves football is most likely to understand getting carried away!

Certainly seems to me to be a key word when it comes to excusing poor behaviour in & around football. Premier League managers frequently cite the tired old "he's a passionate lad" line when talking about the latest x-rated leg-breaker.

Back