• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

4th Striker

SUFCFARAWAY

....or are we goign to use Lawson at least until January?

Just thought I would bring this up coz I am interested. Know Tilly has said he will not be rushed into buying any player who comes along (which i knew he wouldn't do). Just wondered if he was in the market for another striker still?

I would expect he is. At this level you really need a minimum of four strikers, especially when we have Goater who, let's face it, probably isn't going to be able to play all the games.... no offence to Lawson because he looks good for the future but I don't think he's really an adequate replacement yet...

unless he has someone up his sleeve that we don't know about. like Whatever said Goater will not play every game and Lawson is till young and still learnign thw game and is this league it will be a huge gamble

To be fair, I think Lawson is the fourth choice striker and a back up for the wings. Now if, say, Gower and Cole pick up injuries along with the Goat then Lawson would play wide and this would require Tilly dipping into the loan market to bring in a front man.

Now if the right person becomes avaliable for the right price then I'm sure Tilly we look to birng him in, but I think he is probably concentrating more on bring in a defender or two.

Our best chance in getting another striker of league one quality would be around Christmas time. If by then we are roughly midtable, and not looming around the relegation zone, then we will probably attract the type of player Tilly has been looking for.

he should get lee barnard from spurs

has scored shed loads of goals for spurs resies

and he's better than mark yeates the other spurs reserve striker that col ewe have just taken on

or prehaps we cud get rossi on loan from man u
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ Aug. 10 2005,20:15)]or prehaps we cud get rossi on loan from man u
biggrin.gif
Or that Owen bloke at Real Madrid - he's 4th or 5th choice striker there.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Aug. 10 2005,19:49)]he should get lee barnard from spurs

has scored shed loads of goals for spurs resies

and he's better than mark yeates the other spurs reserve striker that col ewe have just taken on
Barnard's awful - Orient and Northampton fans will testify to that.

Another striker who I wouldn't have minded seeing down at the Hall has now signed for Hereford - Guy Ipoua. He impressed me a fair bit when he was at Gillingham.

So is the Duncan Oli interest completely dead? Was still hoping something might come of that.

Who? You sure you don't mean Dennis Oli from Grays?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Aug. 11 2005,14:57)]Who? You sure you don't mean Dennis Oli from Grays?
Is that dead in the water then?

Was the Oli story ever really alive? Can't have been total conjecture on the part of the Echo surely.

I love the way that the Echo writes these stories under big headlines then completely fails to follow them up. It did the same with the lad Woodards- had a big story about how he'd love to sign after scoring etc and then nothing at all since, not even a mention. We don't know whether he has been let go or whether he is still with us. Not that it really matters of course in the grand scheme of things but some sort of continuity or at least a bit of investigative journalism wouldn't go amiss.

Back