• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

5 Subs now allowed

Not to worry soon it will be like a friendly game where you can put a different team out on the field in the second half .

Or even better perhaps, bring on a player for corners and free-kicks in the opposition half and then take them off again once the ball goes out of play.

I think it’s a bad idea.. I may be a bit of a traditional old Fart but three subs are plenty.
cover a couple of injuries and an impact player.. if You are not fit enough to last the ninty then pace yourself or that’s one of the subs..
rugby has sold itself out for this kind of stuff. The whole point is you have to be able to last the match and superior fitness can win out over skill or strength.
what’s next. Rolling subs. Extra time multiball. Under head height.

The league I'm playing in* seems to be one of the ones they test these new things out in. We currently have rolling subs and sin bins. They 'almost' trialled rolling in underarm throw in's a few years ago too. Our feedback goes someway towards whether things are implemented or not.

*it's the same league Nile Ranger is signed up to this season incidentally.

The league I'm playing in* seems to be one of the ones they test these new things out in. We currently have rolling subs and sin bins. They 'almost' trialled rolling in underarm throw in's a few years ago too. Our feedback goes someway towards whether things are implemented or not.

*it's the same league Nile Ranger is signed up to this season incidentally.

Didn't they try "kick ins" instead of throw ins a few years ago?

If I remember correctly there was the Watney Cup which was played with no offsides, I think Col U were in that competition.

I remember it being talked about, not sure if it actually happened or not though!

They did, i'm guessing about 15/20 years ago. One of our Sunday players was at Hornchurch on Saturdays, so what ever level they were at the time.

It didn't work because you could kick over head height. It was a dream for John Beck style football. Hoof towards their corners and just win a throw. Then pack the box with plenty of height.

Set pieces are a big part of football but that rule made it the only thing that mattered. That said i have always felt kids football should have always been under arm throws.

I have a feeling that the "kick ins" was trialled at something like the 6th or 7th tier for a while - perhaps Northern Conference or just below.

As reported above, the idea did not gain any more momentum and was left to wither.

Back