• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News 50+1 Ownership Petition - add your signature on Gov.uk

Signed (col u fan) - would have signed anyway if it was just for SUFC but this benefits us all
Agreed, from the top to the bottom of the pyramid. I got it from a Man City fan I follow on Twitter.

Does anyone have details of how the German version works? Who funds any losses each year etc? What are the loop holes (I think Red Bull exploit one)? Does it really work? How could it be improved?
Red bull exploited it by something to do with they nominated the people who got the shares I think.

personally I cant see it working for many L1 and L2 clubs. Losses right now are barely covered by RM as an example, if he owned slightly les than 50% then he would on,y cover that part surely the rest would be on the others would it not?

would work for fully self sustainable clubs for sure, and a lot of German pro clubs are exactly that.

Agreed, from the top to the bottom of the pyramid. I got it from a Man City fan I follow on Twitter.
If their was a fanbase that are happy with ownership its Man City. They haven't got much to complain about.

If their was a fanbase that are happy with ownership its Man City. They haven't got much to complain about.
Yes life is very rosy for them at the moment but if the current owners decided to move on when they get bored it could be a different situation

Back