• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

8000+ crowd then no chance

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ May 19 2005,12:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (stickyboy @ May 19 2005,11:59)]thats the problem - We CANT handle pressure!

FEAR
So it's nothing to do with big crowd because we're playing decent opposition
rock.gif
apart from Orient of course
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ May 19 2005,12:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (stickyboy @ May 19 2005,11:59)]thats the problem - We CANT handle pressure!

FEAR
So it's nothing to do with big crowd because we're playing decent opposition
rock.gif
I was gonna say. no coincidence that we've played againt good teams in front of big crowds

What makes you all think Northampton will turn us over on Saturday? they haven't been able to beat us in the last 5 meetings!!!
rock.gif

Why the hysteria? what's past is where it should be... in the past!
wink.gif

Certainly time for a change.

I might be wrong but I don't think we've beaten League opposition in front of a 8000+ crowd since 1996 (Stoke away) covering the best part of 30 matches.

Obviously, we beat the Marsh Rats a mere 20 games ago.

Mind you, we've never lost a home match played in the second half of May !!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ May 19 2005,13:10)]What makes you all think Northampton will turn us over on Saturday? they haven't been able to beat us in the last 5 meetings!!!
rock.gif

Why the hysteria? what's past is where it should be... in the past!
wink.gif
But the last 5 meetings were in the past......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 20 2005,16:10)]I might be wrong but I don't think we've beaten League opposition in front of a 8000+ crowd since 1996 (Stoke away) covering the best part of 30 matches.
Think your right there Mick. That game was 2-1 in front of 12000 odd

The last home game victory of 8000+ was also '86 against Ipswich 2-1 also.

Lets hope for a change tomorrow!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stickyboy @ May 20 2005,18:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 20 2005,16:10)]I might be wrong but I don't think we've beaten League opposition in front of a 8000+ crowd since 1996 (Stoke away) covering the best part of 30 matches.
Think your right there Mick. That game was 2-1 in front of 12000 odd

The last home game victory of 8000+ was also '86 against Ipswich  2-1 also.

Lets hope for a change tomorrow!
Yes, I guess you mean '96, the season before with Marsh's spectacular winner.

The largest crowd I can remember being in when we won was Swindon away in the Cup with 18,000+, with a few "big crowd" wins at Stoke (twice), Sunderland, Middlesbough & Leicester.

Back