• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A defeat, but it could have been MUCH worse !!!

zulu_shrimper

OK, so not a good day at the office, but we have to thank Grimsby, Northampton, Wycombe and especially Bristol Rovers for ensuring that we didn't lose any ground, except for Yeovil, but we can address that next weekend

we'll still go up, it's just that, as normal, Southend have to do it the hard way and ensure that their fans experience sleepness nights !!!

Al

yep Southend United never make it easy for us supporters, but hey thats why we LOVE the Club so much

Come on Southend lets make sure we do the business next weekend

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

If we win next weekend we will win the league, and obviously get promoted, if we lose we will neither go up or win the league, talk about double or bust
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ April 23 2005,18:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ April 23 2005,17:47)]If we win next weekend we will win the league
No we won't.
Spoilsport, what have facts got to do with it.
biggrin.gif

It would seem that the entire top 5 of league two have contracted a sever case of the promotion jitters! If we win the next 2 games we will win the league. Four points would be enough to see us promoted, but I don't think you can say if we lose the yeovil game we are out of the picture, technically we can lose both games and still go up automatically!

If we beat Yeovil by 2 clear goals it would mean that they would have to beat Lincoln by 3 clear goals to finish above us.

Of course if we beat Yeovil say 3-0 it would mean that they would have to beat Lincoln by 5 clear goals to finish above us. So if ever we needed to win convincingly this is the game to do it!

I will keeping updates on my mobile on saturday for the Shrewsbury vs Swansea game.

Come on Shrewsbury, and Southend!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

the bookies who use their heads rather than their hearts when working out the odds make us 7/4 favourites to win the league. swansea are as big as 33/1 to win it

Scunthorpe must be in with a good shout of the title. A lot of people would predict us and Yeovil as a draw. Scunny at home get a win and put themselves top with 1 to play.

We must win Saturday and set up the big finale

I really couldn't give a stuff about winning the League, let's just get promoted.

The way things are going with all the top teams losing points, we could need as few as 2 points to go up. A win from our next two would certainly be enough i would've thought.

While all the top teams are undoubtedly feeling the pressure, i'd rather be in our position than swansea's. They almost certainly have to be going all out for the whole 6 points, but then again, with us playing yeovil...

Jeez, it's so tight to call. If all the top five lose, then even lincoln could even steam and take the title!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonesy tap-in @ April 25 2005,10:11)]The way things are going with all the top teams losing points, we could need as few as 2 points to go up. A win from our next two would certainly be enough i would've thought.

While all the top teams are undoubtedly feeling the pressure, i'd rather be in our position than swansea's. They almost certainly have to be going all out for the whole 6 points, but then again, with us playing yeovil...

Jeez, it's so tight to call. If all the top five lose, then even lincoln could even steam and take the title!
Yeah, i agree. It's a tight one to call. I was hacked off after Saturday, and i pretty much couldn't sleep thinking about the League table but then you have to look at the facts:

We have a 3 point lead over 4th with just 2 games left.

The worst scenario is that we lose to Yeovil and Scunthorpe and Swansea both win. Not ideal, but even then we'll still be level on points with Swansea going into the final day of the season.

If we draw it's still in our hands going to Grimsby.

If we win we're pretty much there, could well be there is Swansea don't win and Scunny slip up.

Let's stay positive. Needing 4 points out of 6 to go up isn't exactly a bad situation. we're not 2nd in the League by luck, we're a cracking side, and we should pull through.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper James @ April 25 2005,10:02)]I really couldn't give a stuff about winning the League, let's just get promoted.
I disagree, winning the title is something that no-one can take away from us. We would always be League Two Champions 2004-5. However if we only finish third, our prize would only last as long as we manage to stay up in that division (ie potentially as short as a year).

Back