• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

YTFC

Hi, Yeovil Town fan here (in peace!). As you probably know, we recently signed Jakub Sokolik and I was hoping there would be a helpful Southend fan who would answer a few questions about him for our blog :-) I'll post the questions here, but I only need one person to answer the questions. Thanks

1) Were you disappointed to miss out of Sokolik? Were you surprised?
2) What are his main strengths and weaknesses?
3) How much potential does he have? (Can he make it in the Championship/Premiership or is League 1/2 his limit?)

1. Yes. No.
2. Wins every ball in the air. strong in the tackle.
3. Passing can be a bit wayward. Prone to odd lapse in concentration
4. Def Championship.

Thanks mate, if anybody wants to add anymore detail then they can go ahead but that'll do!

think he is a solid for anything below Championship but my Liverpool mate reckons is rather injury prone but good luck to him

Not good enough yet. I think a season long loan to a league 2 side hoping for promotion would be a really good move all round. :whistling:

Quality Dear YTFC...Along with Jon Egan transformed us defensively over 2 months we had him...U have a good prospect who could maybe handle Championship

He is terrible at football and you're better off letting us have him. Just not L1 class. No point whatsoever in him playing for you.

Hi, Yeovil Town fan here (in peace!). As you probably know, we recently signed Jakub Sokolik and I was hoping there would be a helpful Southend fan who would answer a few questions about him for our blog :-) I'll post the questions here, but I only need one person to answer the questions. Thanks

3) How much potential does he have? (Can he make it in the Championship/Premiership or is League 1/2 his limit?)

What's the point in numbering your questions and then asking multiple questions per number?:facepalm:

1a) Yes
1b) Not surprised but it's a transfer we should have made. We had him on trial with a view to a permanent move and had enough time to make it permanent. We should have also offered a longer deal than Yeovil.
2a) Reading of the game
b) Lack of height. Not sure what Napster is talking about but he doesn't win every ball in the air and got bossed around by bigger centre-forwards. Contrary to popular belief League Two has hardly any big centre-forwards though.
3) Probably Championship. It will depend how he matures physically whether he can cope with the physicality of the championship.

Quality Dear YTFC...Along with Jon Egan transformed us defensively over 2 months we had him...U have a good prospect who could maybe handle Championship

We had pretty much the best defensive record in League 2 when him and Egan joined, and had pretty much the best defensive record in League 2 when they left. They didn't transform us in any way, unless you're including the spell around xmas when we had all our central defenders out injured...

The pair of them were fantastic, but let's not belittle the contributions made by Philips, Prosser and Thompson.

Disappointed to miss out on both Egan and Sokolik, however I'm not too despondent as most importantly the man who found both players is still at the club. I'm sure Bob Shaw will work his magic again this season and bring us a quality replacement or two at centre-half (and Prosser has turned into a very decent centre-half at this level anyway).

He was good but now hope he turns dog **** and you fall back out the league in 2 seasons time and back to where you was non league upstarts

Thanks again guys (apart from you TrueBlue! :stunned:), good luck next year

he's quality at stepping forward and getting really tight, anticipates and picks pockets and likes to step up when got the ball.

Back