• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A Match for James (Walker)

James and Barney were the strike partnership in my first full season watching Southend as a kid. Very fitting that Barney rolled back the years for his former teammate.
I didn't think of it like that, but yes, you're right. Lee's a great bloke, he was one of those first on board with all of this, he's promised he'll be back to see us all soon too. Top man.

I didn't think of it like that, but yes, you're right. Lee's a great bloke, he was one of those first on board with all of this, he's promised he'll be back to see us all soon too. Top man.
Lee is a great guy. I remember being a mascot for a game vs Orient in the JPT quite a few years ago and he was one of the nicest guys in the changing room, signed the front of my match programme as well.

I even chose my football boots based upon whatever Lee was wearing at the time! I thought it would make me score as many as he did, although I never got close!

Maybe you didn't go around the whole pitch. There were several longstanding Blues fans there, including Nobbler's era 😉
Don't dispute that & I did walk round the pitch about 3 times but as I said "one person I knew in the ground" not that there weren't many other Southend fans. I just found that a bit disappointing from a personal pov.

James and Barney were the strike partnership in my first full season watching Southend as a kid. Very fitting that Barney rolled back the years for his former teammate.
They also played a few games together at Maldon & Tiptree in 2018.

This is an old article from our one of our local websites that I forgot to post before

Just a few words on Lee Clark of Farke United charity team. Lee was extremely talkative when he worked in the Tesco petrol station on Southchurch Road. He would even talk or sing to himself when just walking down the shops aisles. So to shut himself up, and give his colleagues a rest, Lol, and raise money, he did the silence thing for weeks at a time to raise money for a worthy cause. It was quite funny as you would tell him what pump etc, and he would do hand signals back. Many of you would have seen it. I think the longest sponsored silence he did was 3 months. Lee's a serial charity raiser. Someone said he has done over 170 fund raisers, raising over 250k in total. Lee has his own issues and struggles, and has gone missing a few times, but thankfully he bounces back. He was preparing for the last London Marathon by trekking from his home in Shoebury to Chalkwell Park. But he does all sorts of challenges, and will basically do almost anything to raise money for a good cause. The next I'm told is to climb Kilimanjaro. So if you see him around the Southend area, say hello, he's a top bloke and will respond nicely.
16831426.png

Yep Lee is a one-off, Kay and I struck lucky to have him with us in our small organising group for a Match for James. He has helped out the Carli Lansley Foundation too which is known to many of you.

The Trust are having the Farke lads down to Roots Hall as our guests for a match next season.

In a few days Lee is appearing in a production of the Full Monty and yep he is off to tackle Kilimanjaro too in a few weeks. He is just relentless.

His fund raising page for his mountain hike, in aid of breast cancer research, is justgiving.com/fundraising/le…

Yep Lee is a one-off, Kay and I struck lucky to have him with us in our small organising group for a Match for James. He has helped out the Carli Lansley Foundation too which is known to many of you.

The Trust are having the Farke lads down to Roots Hall as our guests for a match next season.

In a few days Lee is appearing in a production of the Full Monty and yep he is off to tackle Kilimanjaro too in a few weeks. He is just relentless.

His fund raising page for his mountain hike, in aid of breast cancer research, is justgiving.com/fundraising/le…

Looks like the link didn't work so below is the correct link

Back