• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A Match to remember Chris Barker - Saturday 28 May 2022

I can’t be there and to be honest I would rather have gone to this than any other home match this season.
It really does remind me of the “better “ times and the quality players we had. The saying “ you don’t appreciate it until it’s gone” is very true.

I never met Chris but its clear from all the stories that he was a top bloke. Life just isn’t fair sometimes.

In the meantime, there are a number of items on ebay - not sure if I can share the links?

Only just bought my ticket, my head has just been preoccupied recently. But despite my lack of organisation I actually cancelled existing plans a while ago. I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing than be at this match. Really looking forward to it.

Hopefully the ticket arrives, if not I'll just have to get another one on the day.

Hey @StanCollymore please will you give this a push on your social media for us as promised?

Lots of people are making a huge effort to be there for Chris Barker, and we'd appreciate a bit of a high profile nudge x

Alas, I won't be there on the day because of longstanding commitments that I just can't move but did try to.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and lots of money will be raised for wonderful causes.

I will be amplifying the message to buy tickets on my socials next week .

Gutted I can’t make this, couldn’t get the time off work and it’s my working weekend. Hope there is a huge crowd in honour of a truly great captain, leader, player and bloke! And helps to raise awareness for mental health conditions and suicide awareness and prevention.

Sad state of affairs when Chris Phillips has had to put a tweet out reminding people not to ask for shirts! Hopefully lots of money is raised with the sale of these shirts I know I’ll be bidding on them. Already got one of Betsy’s need another for the collection.

Does anyone know if parking will be available at the ground on the day?
I'll be with my dad who can't walk very far

Does anyone know if parking will be available at the ground on the day?
I'll be with my dad who can't walk very far
There's a section reserved for players. The rest will be first come first served until it's full up. Parking is free

Back