• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Neavsie

I have to say that as a recent regular supporter and female to boot, I wonder why I bother, the football is continues to be poor, the ground is rubbish and the final straw is hearing the abuse being hurled at our own players who you may think might not be that motivated seeing that their pay cheques are constantly delayed. I will however persevere as I love the Blues and want them to do well.

When I was a season ticket holder (I have moved since), I used to get so bloody fed up with some of our 'supporters' who continuously and loudly shouted abuse at our players. They make me sick. There is a time and a place for a moan, but abusing players in the middle of a match it just thuggish. How would these 'supporters' like it if their boss stood next to them at work and told them how bad they were at their job and using the same language? Would they feel motivated and up to do a good job? No. So to those people who like to gob off at our guys, shut up or stay at home.

In reality if people are gobbing off and slagging the players, then truly they are not supporters off SUFC, A true supporter would support not belittle. SO to those so called supporters why not try to raise the teams spirits instead ,if you cant do that SHUT THE F--K UP!.

I have to say that as a recent regular supporter and female to boot, I wonder why I bother, the football is continues to be poor, the ground is rubbish and the final straw is hearing the abuse being hurled at our own players who you may think might not be that motivated seeing that their pay cheques are constantly delayed. I will however persevere as I love the Blues and want them to do well.

Using Barker as an example. Barker would misplay passes and the moaners would be yelling "BARKER! YOU'RE TOO OLD/SLOW" OR "F---ing useless". Why they do this I don't know.

Yes you certainly have to be thick skined to be a pro footballer. But its always been like it since I started watching the blues in the sixties. I think because some people (a conserderable minority thankfully) consider that they are paying money to watch profesional performers, that gives them the right to demand perfection from them at all times.

You hit the nail on the head when you wrote that you will go because you love the Blues,keep on keeping on because unlike blind faith(religion) you can physically see the team,club,ground are poo but its your poo.

In the sixties, some so called fans would throw bits of brick and cushions at the end of games!

Cannot understand why some "fans" pay their entry and then spend the entire game slagging off their own players!,Moronic behaviour.

Some people dont like losing and thats their way of throwing the toys out of the pram.

After Cokers error on Friday someone in the family section spent the next two minutes screaming get him off. It was a terrible mistake sure but really, is that supporting our team when they make a mistake to expect them to be instantly dragged off the pitch?

Football can be frustrating at times (at every club!), how people react at times says a lot about them as people to be honest.

Some people do indeed seem to just want to come to football to moan.

Some people dont like losing and thats their way of throwing the toys out of the pram.

After Cokers error on Friday someone in the family section spent the next two minutes screaming get him off. It was a terrible mistake sure but really, is that supporting our team when they make a mistake to expect them to be instantly dragged off the pitch?

Football can be frustrating at times (at every club!), how people react at times says a lot about them as people to be honest.

Some people do indeed seem to just want to come to football to moan.

He moans at every game, don't understand why he goes to be honest, I guess he has know one to moan at in his own sad little world outside of Football, one day he will get himself in to trouble

He moans at every game, don't understand why he goes to be honest, I guess he has know one to moan at in his own sad little world outside of Football, one day he will get himself in to trouble

Not noticed it before but that was just an example of over the top reactions.

Can certainly understand the frustration though, but think people need to look at whether their response actually makes sense. Coker has done a decent job and played ok up until that moment.

Not noticed it before but that was just an example of over the top reactions.

Can certainly understand the frustration though, but think people need to look at whether their response actually makes sense. Coker has done a decent job and played ok up until that moment.

Agree about Coker, had a good season so far, so many chances missed in the first half, and all the BC lovers on here must have cried in to their beer when he missed for the second game in a row from less that 5 yards.It's frustrating but we will go back week after week to support

People take their frustrations in life out on 11 football players. Happens from Barcelona down to Forest Green Rovers. Very strange part of human psyche that you pay money to be angry - I guess it's cathartic.

That's my pop-psychology done for the week.

Totally agree with you jam. Abuse is the easy thing to do but it won't help the players in the mind.

View it as character building :smile:

People take their frustrations in life out on 11 football players. Happens from Barcelona down to Forest Green Rovers. Very strange part of human psyche that you pay money to be angry - I guess it's cathartic.

That's my pop-psychology done for the week.

The doctor is in (as I often say to my wife).:smile:

Back