• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have read that people are bored with threads today, and that they are all about Freddy. So i thought i would tell you all what happened to me and my mates in Cambridge at the away game (old news i know)

PAUL BRUSH...............NICE GUY

As myself and a couple of mates, were driving away from the ground (in the oppposite direction to everyone else), we saw Freddy sitting on a wall outside the ground eating an icecream, so we did the only thing one could do, a u-turn, pulled into a road and ran over. When we got there we had a nice cat with Freddy and offered our commiserations on not breaking the goalscoring record. He also signed our WE ARE GOING TO THE LDV VANS TRPHPY FINAL banner (one from last year, when the team only had three, and Juppy gave us his, not one of this years 2-a-penny ones).

We went back to the car, and pulled out of the road, and saw all of the players coming out of the ground and walking towards the team bus, so we pulled in the next road, and parked, and ran over again. By the time we were there, they were all abourd, except Brushy who signed the banner, as we were waling away we heard him say to the driver, it was going to be a few minutes as Duncan Jupp, Adam Barrett and Mark Bentley had a random drug test to complete, so we decide to wait for those three, and get them to sign our flag. Jupp came out and signed, and then Brushy came to the front of the bus and told us he was in a really good mood, and did we want to get on and get the whole squad to sign our banner........YES PLEASE!!!

All of theplayers, except one (naming no names) were really good and signed it, and had a good chat with them all. Then Barrett came on, and we were talking to him, and he said "I dont care about Bristol, who are they anyway", nice work Adam
biggrin.gif

I could saymore, but.........that will do.

Take it you were the chaps at the service station midway home who made some comment about going on the team bus then!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ April 06 2005,22:37)]All of theplayers, except one (naming no names) were really good and signed it,
Name and shame.

I want to know who this wayward soul is and why he has strayed from the flock.

perhaps it was tess who who had wanderd on to the bus out of habit !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ April 06 2005,22:37)]I have read that people are bored with threads today, and that they are all about Freddy.  So i thought i would tell you all what happened to me and my mates in Cambridge at the away game (old news i know)

PAUL BRUSH...............NICE GUY

As myself and a couple of mates, were driving away from the ground (in the oppposite direction to everyone else), we saw Freddy sitting on a wall outside the ground eating an icecream, so we did the only thing one could do, a u-turn, pulled into a road and ran over.  When we got there we had a nice cat with Freddy and offered our commiserations on not breaking the goalscoring record.  He also signed our WE ARE GOING TO THE LDV VANS TRPHPY FINAL banner (one from last year, when the team only had three, and Juppy gave us his, not one of this years 2-a-penny ones).

We went back to the car, and pulled out of the road, and saw all of the players coming out of the ground and walking towards the team bus, so we pulled in the next road, and parked, and ran over again.  By the time we were there, they were all abourd, except Brushy who signed the banner, as we were waling away we heard him say to the driver, it was going to be a few minutes as Duncan Jupp, Adam Barrett and Mark Bentley had a random drug test to complete, so we decide to wait for those three, and get them to sign our flag.  Jupp came out and signed, and then Brushy came to the front of the bus and told us he was in a really good mood, and did we want to get on and get the whole squad to sign our banner........YES PLEASE!!!

All of theplayers, except one (naming no names) were really good and signed it, and had a good chat with them all.  Then Barrett came on, and we were talking to him, and he said "I dont care about Bristol, who are they anyway", nice work Adam  
biggrin.gif

I could saymore, but.........that will do.
That was awfully nice of Brush. Is it just me or does everybody feel closer to this team than any other Southend United side?

Who was the one guy? I'm gonna guess Guttridge or Nicky?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ April 07 2005,09:03)]Who was the one guy? I'm gonna guess Guttridge or Nicky?
Gutteridge already getting a bad reputation after a few weeks with us.........
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lenny808 @ April 07 2005,09:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ April 07 2005,09:03)]Who was the one guy? I'm gonna guess Guttridge or Nicky?
rock.gif
Despite his apology (through Scriv) for his indiscretion last Friday
rock.gif

Give the boy a break, we all had high hopes when he signed!
Plus, what's all this about him being unfriendly at Cambridge?  I don't know about what happened at Cheltenham but even though his signing terms prevented his involvement he looked very involved with the warm-up before the Cambridge game and then at the start of the 2nd half as he walked through the car park, the away seats broke into a chorus of "Guttridge is a Shrimper" to which he waved, smiled & acknowledged!!!

Rant over!  
oops.gif

[b said:
[b said:
rock.gif
Luke wasn't even travelling on the coach.

[b said:
[b said:
rock.gif
I'm only speculating but his image has seemed to have been tarnished slighty since joining us so I thought I guess at him. It turns out I was wrong because he wasn't even on the coach so I apologise for that.

As for Nicky, just speculating again.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ April 07 2005,10:27)]
[b said:
[b said:
rock.gif
Despite his apology (through Scriv) for his indiscretion last Friday
rock.gif

Give the boy a break, we all had high hopes when he signed!
Plus, what's all this about him being unfriendly at Cambridge?  I don't know about what happened at Cheltenham but even though his signing terms prevented his involvement he looked very involved with the warm-up before the Cambridge game and then at the start of the 2nd half as he walked through the car park, the away seats broke into a chorus of "Guttridge is a Shrimper" to which he waved, smiled & acknowledged!!!

Rant over!  
oops.gif
Pleased it wasn't Gutteridge, and glad he's building bridges with us Shrimpers after a moment's madness.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ April 07 2005,13:34)]I'm only speculating but his image has seemed to have been tarnished slighty since joining us so I thought I guess at him. It turns out I was wrong because he wasn't even on the coach so I apologise for that.
Well, let's burnish that image then, and get rid of the tarnish.

I hereby found the SUGARS - Southend United's Guttridge Appreciation & Respect Society.

I've only seen Luke play the once so far - a brief appearance against Rochdale. Even in that brief appearance, there's clearly a whole lot of talent to be harnessed there. His control of the ball, in particular, was breathtaking - he plucked some long, hard passes out of the air and had the ball instantly under control.

I don't really know much about the supposed incidents that have happened recently - but it's time to put them behind us.

So, no boo-boys, no dissent... let's get behind Luke, and indeed all the boys - and roar the Shrimpers to the double this season.

Finally, the question is: how many sugars? Only one at the moment, but hopefully there'll be more to follow.

cool.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ April 07 2005,13:34)]As for Nicky, just speculating again.
That would be ridiculous, frankly. There are fewer more humble, down-to-earth, normal lads in the squad... our Nicky lived with his Mum and sister in North London until recently, and is a hard-working, genuine lad.

You'd struggle to find anyone less likely to bad-mouth a fan in the squad, frankly...

glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ April 07 2005,18:17)]Who we guessing at then Matt?
No one. Why waste time speculating on something which can only damage team reputation or morale?

On the whole, I'm not really into cutting my nose off to spite my face...

suspect.gif

Matt

Back