• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Did the budget for this season envisage the club going out in the first round of the:

*JPT;
*League Cup; and the
*FA Cup?

Interesting question YB, why not email it to him and see what response you get?

Did the budget for this season envisage the club going out in the first round of the:

*JPT;
*League Cup; and the
*FA Cup?

I hope they did budget on that. Anything else would be gambling and we all know where Ron got us doing that.

I am sure SK could only say, ' As a business we cannot budget for the possibility of cup success and must always factor in the worst case scenarios. However I am very pleased to announce that due to prudent fiscal measures we are in receipt of a substantial windfall. Thank you William Hill'.

He will not answer questions like that.

He should do. As fans, we need to know our football club is being run correctly. If we are banking on cup runs to keep us above, then we are in bigger trouble than we thought. SK should be open and transparent, not ignoring questions that are difficult for him to be honest about

Why would a private company answer questions around budget? Ridiculous and nothing to do with us fans as much as some think we are board members.

He should do. As fans, we need to know our football club is being run correctly. If we are banking on cup runs to keep us above, then we are in bigger trouble than we thought. SK should be open and transparent, not ignoring questions that are difficult for him to be honest about

Total bollocks! As fans we are entitled to nothing, however, as shareholders we might be entitled to ask questions because at least there we have an element of accountability to request information on. Your everyday fan has no such entitlement.

I can't believe a football club would be so presumptuous as to build in earnings from latter stages of cup competitions as part of their annual budget.

It wouldn't be prudent at all.

Why would a private company answer questions around budget? Ridiculous and nothing to do with us fans as much as some think we are board members.

Why it's almost as if the Taylor Report recommended fan representation on the board!

I can't believe a football club would be so presumptuous as to build in earnings from latter stages of cup competitions. It wouldn't be prudent at all.

Football clubs not being prudent?

Total bollocks! As fans we are entitled to nothing, however, as shareholders we might be entitled to ask questions because at least there we have an element of accountability to request information on. Your everyday fan has no such entitlement.

Well if that is the case they can stick their season ticket and my money up their arses. Why should I give them my hard earned money and not know that it's going to a sound and stable company.

Well if that is the case they can stick their season ticket and my money up their arses. Why should I give them my hard earned money and not know that it's going to a sound and stable company.

Because you do that every time you go into a shop to buy something don't you? I'm sure there are plenty of people who used to enthuse about Woolworths, Blockbusters and various other places over the years. We are all JUST consumers.

Back