• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A recipe for disaster?

They used to do this in the 70’s and 80’s. It was called Football hooliganism.

Although you can go to an NFL game, drink beer all day long and sit amongst rival fans. The banter is great and the violence doesn’t exist and you don’t see any policeman in the stadium. Amazing really.

In Spain they didn't seem to have a section for away fins they were just mixed in. Fortunately the home team were 5-0 up when the away team scored and a group of about 20 away fans spotted around jumped up and started cheering.

Another nail in footballs coffin - more gay sodding attempts to turn this into a gay family pansy sport!!

If you don't get the kids involved, where will the next generation of Southend fans be - I'll tell you where, "supporting" Chelsea, Liverpool, West Ham via the wonders of Sky TV.... and it'll be ta ta Southend.

The away seating at Donny's old ground was mixed with home fans, unless you were a Yorkshire based team IIRC.

If you don't get the kids involved, where will the next generation of Southend fans be - I'll tell you where, "supporting" Chelsea, Liverpool, West Ham via the wonders of Sky TV.... and it'll be ta ta Southend.

Nonsense, it's been over ten years since the advent of Sky Sports and where are Football League crowds? At record high levels.

A lot of other sports fans mix without much trouble at all. Good god, you can have a beer or brandy in the stand at twickers, where as you aren't even allowed to drink in Wembley at all if its U21's.. what difference does it make!!

Divided casues segregation, segregation causes divide, this is what causes the problems... that and the ***** that dont really go to watch the game, just as an excuse to get in a fight... true football fans... hardly.

I agree with local derbies or matchs with historical tendancies, probably not a great idea, with teams who just have good sets of fans, why not, eveyone likes a bit of banter!

A lot of other sports fans mix without much trouble at all. Good god, you can have a beer or brandy in the stand at twickers, where as you aren't even allowed to drink in Wembley at all if its U21's.. what difference does it make!!

Because the government would have you believe that all football fans are alcoholic racist neanderthals that can't enjoy a beer at a football game without turning starting trouble or pillaging a town.

Nonsense, it's been over ten years since the advent of Sky Sports and where are Football League crowds? At record high levels.

But could that not be down to clubs such as ours making football more family friendly and weeding out the 80's hooligan element to attract those floating fans?

But could that not be down to clubs such as ours making football more family friendly and weeding out the 80's hooligan element to attract those floating fans?

I don't think so, I just think football in general is far more accepted. After '66 we were dismal on an international scale and, as such, it showed as partcipation dwindled. It was only until the foundation of an Elite national league that ensured a steady stream of money into the game and brought top flight football to the masses did attendances across the board increase.

Although you can go to an NFL game, drink beer all day long and sit amongst rival fans. The banter is great and the violence doesn’t exist and you don’t see any policeman in the stadium. Amazing really.

Thats not strictly true. Being the country it is following your team to an away game can involve a 6 hour flight across the country so away fans arent so common.
Granted there isnt the large scale trouble you would see at a football game as the away fans are usually outnumbered 1:300, and they usually travel in small groups.
The last game i went to was Jets Jaguars - i saw 6 fights in the stadium and saw a Jags fan in the section next to me have rubbish and empty plastic bottles thrown at him all game... so dont believe its all happiness and light. I was told at the time that this guy got off lightly, and if it was a Patriots or Dolphins game he'd probably have had the **** kicked out of him.

They already do a similar thing at Fulham.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/CravenCottage.aspx

Tickets within the ‘neutral’ area of the Putney Stand are sold on the premise that the individual could be sat next to a supporter of either team, or indeed a genuine neutral. The neutral area effectively acts as a buffer zone, allowing the Club to continue to sell tickets once the away allocation has sold out. The introduction of the neutral zone has been warmly received by all fans and has reduced the occurrence of away fans securing seats in home areas of the stadium over the last two seasons. The Big Match Package is also only be available in this are

That's because everyone in America has a gun and violent crime is non-existent.

Back