• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Badger74

Manager
I have looked at the last 7 games for each club (League/cup),goals scored and fixtures remaining.
This is how it comes out

Crawley - 2 wins out of 7 with them scoring only 1 goal in every game - Not scoring well
Still to play Chelts,Torquay at home
Still to play southend,swindon,shrews away

Chelts - 3 wins out of 7 games with them scoring 7 goals - Not scoring well
Still to play Torquay at home
Still to play southend,swindon,crawley,shrews,oxford away - Hard run in

Swindon - 5 wins out of 7 games with them scoring 10 goals
Still to play crawley,shrews,chelts,torquay at home
Still to play southend, Oxford away

Shrews - 3 wins out of 7 games scoring only 7 goals
Still to play Crawley,chelts and Oxford at home
Still to play Torquay and swindon away

Oxford - 3 wins out of 7 with them scoring 10 goals
Still to play swindon,torquay, southend at home
Still to play shrews and Chelts away

Torquay - 5 wins out of 7 with them scoring 9 goals
Still to play shrews, southend at home
Still to play Chelts,crawley,swindon,oxford away

Southend - 3 wins out of 7 with 14 goals
Still to play swindon,crawley chelts at home
Still to play oxford,torquay away

The way i see it is Swindon game is the biggest game of the season by far and could be the biggest match of the entire season as I see this as the championship decider

With swindon being the form team and with them having 4 home games against the top teams I think they are our biggest challenges.

Cheltenham has such a hard run of away games and can see them fall away

Crawley are struggling for goals and having not scored more than 1 goal in a match in 7 that is a worry for them

I do think shrews will sneak in

With regards to games left we have an easy Feb where everyone else start to play everyone else so this is the month we must push forward.

The only big games left in april in the league is us playing Oxford and Torquay away as everyone else play each other in feb and march.

None of the top 7 play each other on the last day of the season.

When Southend played Stockport away in 1989 to win promotion around 500 wolves fans attended the game and supported stockport as a lose for southend gave wolves a chance of promotion, why do I raise this........... We play Barnet at home on Friday 20th April and crawley are away to Dagenham on 21st - if you are free go and support the digger/daggers.

My final point is:
Get a friend or family member to come to the swindon game as i really do believe this will be the game the title is won or lost. Sing your heart out from start to finish. BELIEVE

Agree but we must be looking at top spot as its better to miss out on winning the league rather than missing out on promotion.
Aim high and you will achieve, Aim for top 3 than we are saying we would except play offs

I know what you are saying but achieve promotion first and then worry about about the title. Its going to be a scrap thats for sure normally we would be sitting pretty on 52 points at this stage of the season, will be a high points total just to get 3rd place!

We must achieve a top 3 spot and get promoted. Given our awful record against top 5 teams, I honestly think we'll fail at the first hurdle in the play-offs!

500 Wolves BEHAVE Wardy !!!! :hilarious:

There were about 50 sat in the main stand and they all trooped out when we scored our second

500 Wolves BEHAVE Wardy !!!! :hilarious:

There were about 50 sat in the main stand and they all trooped out when we scored our second

they weren't shy about being wolves either flags and colours all round if my memory serves me right ....remember them leaving rather sheepishly after we scored as well :smile::smile:

Back