• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A side topic to ORM's post

In another thread ORM mentions playing for 11 teams during his career, what's your story?
Have you played much?

I played for Hoddesdon town u-11's until u-16's.
Played for Hertfordshire County in goal then switched to centre half for the last 2 seasons.

Played for Runwell hospitals Hullbridge ward 5-a-side team for about 10 games.

Now play for a Scottish 5-a-side team called Thistles Utd here in Joondalup, Perth as a defender. Top of the league all season and have been with them for 2 seasons.

Not very glamorous but its something.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (perth shrimper @ Jan. 21 2005,05:26)]In another thread ORM mentions playing for 11 teams during his career, what's your story?
Have you played much?
17 teams - 11 leagues !

I started the thread writing it as a full footballing resumé but it was sending me to sleep so I assumed it would everybody else!

The most interesting thing is probably that one of my ex-managers is now a convicted paedophile and his victims were some of my team-mates. I knew nothing of it at the time and am ever thankful that I wasn't a victim.

Also what's the longest people have sticked with one team for. Mine, unsurprisingly, is four season I think.

Well i played for Trinity Juniors from Under 11's to Under 15's (5 seasons) then in the Under 16's Trinity had a lack of players and folded so i went to Shoebury Boys where i played out the season, but hated every minute of it. That was 9 years ago (1995/6 season) and because of that experience i didn't play football again until Shrimperzone FC was formed a year and half ago.

I played as sweeper for Parsloes MAnor. In one memorable game I hooked an incoming corner into my own goal. Moments later the goalkeeper told me to get out the penalty box as I was dribbling round an attacker to clear the lines. Incenced by this rebuke coming from a yid supporter I fired the ball past him, walked off and was banned from playing football at school. The team collapsed soon after losing 19-0 and 22-0 which saw the demise of Saturday morning football over Parsloes Park.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Jan. 21 2005,09:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (perth shrimper @ Jan. 21 2005,05:26)]In another thread ORM mentions playing for 11 teams during his career, what's your story?
Have you played much?
17 teams  - 11 leagues !

I started the thread writing it as a full footballing resumé but it was sending me to sleep so I assumed it would everybody else!

The most interesting thing is probably that one of my ex-managers is now a convicted paedophile and his victims were some of my team-mates. I knew nothing of it at the time and am ever thankful that I wasn't a victim.

Also what's the longest people have sticked with one team for. Mine, unsurprisingly, is four season I think.
Was that the manager of Seasiders in the Sceptre?

Nope,

It made national TV about seven or eight years back as a major part of a documentary. The biggest scandal being that as a convicted pervert he relocated to Norfolk upon his release and managed a local kids team. I can't remember whether he dabbled again or was caught out before he got the chance.

playing since i was 13, started off at Right Back and played for Fleetwood Boys. Had trials at Brighton at 15, found beer and women. 17 started playing sundays for Hawkwell athletic as centre back. At 23 joined Rochford Town on a Saturday before joining Old Rochfordians at 25 where i had most success reaching the Essex Junior Trophy final, Borough com div 1 champions only conceding 11 goals all year + the league cup final before disclocatiing my knee in the first season in the prem. Always been a defender and havent played for 2 years due to knee but miss is like hell.

Back