• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

C C Csiders

Life President
On the journey to spiritual enlightenment (via the
See if you can come up with a Southend United XI where the players have all played for another particular club. I would think the Southend XI who have also played for Crystal Palace would take some beating:

John Burridge

Gary Stebbing
Leon Cort
Adam Barrett
Chris Powell

Barry Silkman
Glenn Pennyfather
Anton Otulakowski
Peter Taylor

Dougie Freedman
Stan Collymore

I am too young to remember Bobby Kellard - ancient SZ members might see fit to replace one of the midfielders with him?

What other XI's can be created and any to beat Palace?

See if you can come up with a Southend United XI where the players have all played for another particular club. I would think the Southend XI who have also played for Crystal Palace would take some beating:

John Burridge

Gary Stebbing
Leon Cort
Adam Barrett
Chris Powell

Barry Silkman
Glenn Pennyfather
Anton Otulakowski
Peter Taylor

Dougie Freedman
Stan Collymore

I am too young to remember Bobby Kellard - ancient SZ members might see fit to replace one of the midfielders with him?

What other XI's can be created and any to beat Palace?

That isn't a bad side. Bobby was much better than Silkman.

That is a very tough question....

I presume Daryll Flahavan is on the bench? Bart didn't play for Palace did he?

Leyton Orient:

Glen Morris
Christian Hyslop
Adam Barrett
Mark Warren
Andy Harris

Andy Ansah
Andy Sussex
Dave Martin
Ricky Otto

Lee Barnard
Richard Cadette

OK, the defence is a bit shaky, but the midfield and strikeforce is awesome.

Leyton Orient:

Glen Morris
Christian Hyslop
Adam Barrett
Mark Warren
Andy Harris

Andy Ansah
Andy Sussex
Dave Martin
Ricky Otto

Lee Barnard
Richard Cadette

OK, the defence is a bit shaky, but the midfield and strikeforce is awesome.

That is good. You could improve things by moving Dave Martin tothe back instead of Warren and going for Carl Hutchings in midfield. It's a Warren vs Hutchings toss-up as to where Martin plays to improve the line-up.

and a Millwall one

Paul Sansome

Paul Roberts
Mark Phillips
Dave Cusack
Jamie Stuart

Ken Jones
Dave Martin
Leke Odunsi
Anton Otulalowski

Neil Harris
Theo Robinson

Which I think is amazing.

That is good. You could improve things by moving Dave Martin tothe back instead of Warren and going for Carl Hutchings in midfield. It's a Warren vs Hutchings toss-up as to where Martin plays to improve the line-up.

I liked Warren - purely for the Swansea game. Hutchings was just a bit nothingy.

Actually did Dean Austin play for Palace at some stage? If so, he replaces Stebbing to make Place look altogether stronger.

There must be a good Barnet team in theer somewhere? Thinking a midfield of Mark Gower, Jonathan Hunt, Nicky Bailey and Lee Sawyer looks good. A potentially useful Gills and Cambridge United too I would think?

Barnet:

Steve Collis

Mick Bodley
Guy Butters
Peter Cawley

Mark Gower
Phil Gridelet
Nicky Bailey
Jonathan Hunt

Dave Regis
Gary Hooper
Dougie Freedman

West Ham:

Martyn MargetsonLawrie Leslie
Paul Brush
Chris Powell
Christian Dailly
Chris Coyne
Peter Butler
Mike Marsh
Junior Stanislas
Steven Clark
Freddy Eastwood
Jeroen Boere

Margetson was admittedly bending the rules slightly (he's on West Ham's coaching staff) but I couldn't think of a keeper who'd played for both teams.

West Ham:

Martyn Margetson
Paul Brush
Chris Powell
Christian Dailly
Chris Coyne
Peter Butler
Mike Marsh
Junior Stanislas
Steven Clark
Freddy Eastwood
Jeroen Boere

Margetson was admittedly bending the rules slightly (he's on West Ham's coaching staff) but I couldn't think of a keeper who'd played for both teams.

Take your pick from Lawrie Leslie or Brian Rhodes

Back