• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A word about Colchester

BaileytheQuitter

Spelling Guru
It hurts when they're having success, towards the top of the league and in the promotion race when they were in my opinion totally ordinary.

Don't get we wrong, we were much much worse but it's an annoyance when an average team come to our ground and we make them look half decent.

Maybe I'm speaking through my frustration. What were everyone elses thoughts?

Their players appeared to have even less passion than our players, never thought i would say that about a Southend team playing against Col Ewe, but passion was certainly lacking. We gave away 2 goals at a time when we could/should have been 3 up. Maybe they are all reeling from the fact that we really could lose Macca and Barney soon, or maybe they are just so fed up with the situation at Southend, either way, something drastic has to happen to bring back the passion, Like you, today i was not just downhearted, i too was was very frustrated. UTB, bring on Orient (or maybe not)

As boothroyd says time and again, you have to earn the right to play pretty, and its no use being pretty and ineffective because football is a results business. 2 defeats in 20 games in charge of an 'average' side would suggest his philosophy is working.

It hurts when they're having success, towards the top of the league and in the promotion race when they were in my opinion totally ordinary.

Don't get we wrong, we were much much worse but it's an annoyance when an average team come to our ground and we make them look half decent.

My honest opinion is that for long spells of the game we made them look ordinary, then for some reason (be it lack of concentration or confidence) the team seems to withdraw into its shell, make the opposition look decent and throw away their chances of a win.

Maybe I am just trying to cover up how gutted I am, but I honestly think there were some positives to be taken from today. Just a shame there were more negatives including the important one - the result :headbang:

I thought your boys wanted it more than us in the 1st half, we were scrappy and poor in midfield, and you were getting in behind us on the wings on a regular basis. Our boys obviously had a telling off at halftime and we came out in a different frame of mind 15 minutes later the game should have been won and over, as it turned out your boys came back and gave it a good go, to be honest they were unlucky not to force a draw.

I think if Lisbie had been fitter than he was, Gillespie had made more starts than yesterday which was his 1st this season, and Odejayi had not run out of loan time we would have beaten you by a couple more though.

I thought your boys wanted it more than us in the 1st half, we were scrappy and poor in midfield, and you were getting in behind us on the wings on a regular basis. Our boys obviously had a telling off at halftime and we came out in a different frame of mind 15 minutes later the game should have been won and over, as it turned out your boys came back and gave it a good go, to be honest they were unlucky not to force a draw.

I think if Lisbie had been fitter than he was, Gillespie had made more starts than yesterday which was his 1st this season, and Odejayi had not run out of loan time we would have beaten you by a couple more though.

Being as that's based on a lot of "ifs", I'll tell you that you wouldn't have done if Mildy had been in goal!

I have 3 if's you have one OBL, therefore I win :)

Ha ha just jesting, hope you lot get a result at Orient next week, mind you the Southend fans I spoke to yesterday were not very confident of even picking up a point. We parked on their front drive and after the game they said the tyres would have been let down was it not for the fact we had a Southend fan in the car with us, football banter eh :clap:

They aren't average. Not far off the auto's, with players like Lisbie on the bench and having John Joe O'Toole and Ifil in their side they can't be a bad outfit.

I just hope everyone associated with Colchester United football club dies an insufferable death. I thank you.
What a splendid human being you are... death is by definition insufferable btw.

Laughing at the "passion" (the most overrated quality in football) comment... conjures up an image of our players disinterestedly meandering to the win.

What a splendid human being you are... death is by definition insufferable btw.

Laughing at the "passion" (the most overrated quality in football) comment... conjures up an image of our players disinterestedly meandering to the win.

I think its called a joke you inbred mother ****er.

I think its called a joke you inbred mother ****er.
It was the same 'troubleglum' that couldn't detect my irony in saying that the Ewes would certainly fear the entry of Walker, more than we would Lisbe, on Saturday afternoon. No sense of humour nor irony.......perhaps the mods could devise a test before allowing some of these Ewes to come on here bleating.

It was the same 'troubleglum' that couldn't detect my irony in saying that the Ewes would certainly fear the entry of Walker, more than we would Lisbe, on Saturday afternoon. No sense of humour nor irony.......perhaps the mods could devise a test before allowing some of these Ewes to come on here bleating.

To be fair by using their cloven hooves to access their computer and then SZ they've completed a basic test.

I thought they were a tough, strong, solid team. Boothroyd has them playing a certain way and it's working. I thought they defended well. I thought we were better in the 1st half but they obviously got a kick up the arse at half-time and first 10 minutes of the 2nd half we switched off and they punished us with two well-taken goals. Other than that they didn't threaten in attack much but I think the main difference between the two sides was defending. I can see them getting in the play-offs unfortunately.

Back