• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A127 Speed Cam

Dazza

When did the speed camera on the A127 London bound after Progress Rd reappear?

Its taken them donkeys to replace! And since they removed it I had always belted it from the lights at Progress Rd junction to where the road changes to national speed limit, now i think i've been caught out
ghostface.gif

Thanks for that !! It wasnt there this morning at about 7.00 so it must have been done sometime after that. Was hoping they would never replace it - wishful thinking obviously !
mad.gif

ah good stuff it wasnt there this morning! I belted it Sunday and then almost had a heart attack when i saw it all yellow and new coming home from work at 5pm today!
suspect.gif

can confirm that i exceed 40mph around 8:30 this morning and no camera. Thanks for info will be a lil more careful tomorrow.

THese money grabbing f%&kers will always try and snare motorists whenever and wherever thaey can.

There is no need for this camera AT ALL.

rock.gif
mad.gif

Too true. If a camera needs to be anywhere it should be by the Rayleigh Wier underpass as thats where quite alot of accidents occur. Can never remember a crash being there before it goes to 60 so cant se why they've replaced it really ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Aug. 29 2006,21:26)]Too true. If a camera needs to be anywhere it should be by the Rayleigh Wier underpass as thats where quite alot of accidents occur. Can never remember a crash being there before it goes to 60 so cant se why they've replaced it really ...
I do agree they are mostly to make money but I do remember a at least 2 or 3 fatal accidents there a few years back (I knew a few people involved) - just on the curve before it goes to the National Speed Limit where cars had gone across the central reservation onto the other side. That was before they put the barriers in the middle though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Aug. 29 2006,21:26)]Can never remember a crash being there before it goes to 60 so cant se why they've replaced it really ...
Ah, so you're the one that holds everybody up. National speed limit on a dual carriageway is 70.
tounge.gif

speeders are the same as drink drivers..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Aug. 30 2006,08:28)]speeders are the same as drink drivers..
I partially agree with you here.

The saddest offenders are the middle aged Jeremy Clarkson types who have the money to go out and buy a fast car/motorbike and think just because they watch Top Gear and F1 they have the experience and ability to safely use public roads as their own personal racetracks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Aug. 30 2006,08:28)]speeders are the same as drink drivers..
Bit of a sweeping statement there.

I actually have a lot of respect for people who manage to stick to the speed limit at all times - I personally find it very difficult to maintain and, IMO, I think that most people would agree.

I actually can't believe that camera got vanalised in the first place - the people that did it must have been built like the incredible hulk!

Worse then speed cameras are the red light cameras that sit behind traffic lights if it turns yellow as u approach you either have to stop fast maybe causing a crash behind you
or
carry on and get flashed and 3 penalty points and fine

If you are within the speed limit the timer on the traffic light should be set so you can safely stop in time
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Aug. 30 2006,11:38)]If you are within the speed limit the timer on the traffic light should be set so you can safely stop in time
smile.gif
The camera will do it's first 'flash' about 2 seconds after the traffic light has turned red.  If you are caught by a red light camera you really have shot the lights and can only hope the Camera was a dummy one!

Im not a speed camera fan.. If I get nicked for speeding at the very least I want a Copper to have to be standing out in the pouring rain with his speed gun. But those two cameras on either side of the 127 there are an example of where they should be used.. Especially the one on the Southend bound side.
Also average speed cameras through villages are fine by me as well.. Its the half hidden ones on B roads where you can belt along that fk me off

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SARF @ Aug. 30 2006,13:41)]Im not a speed camera fan.. If I get nicked for speeding at the very least I want a Copper to have to be standing out in the pouring rain with his speed gun. But those two cameras on either side of the 127 there are an example of where they should be used.. Especially the one on the Southend bound side.
Also average speed cameras through villages are fine by me as well.. Its the half hidden ones on B roads where you can belt along that fk me off
The one Southend bound is perfectly positioned. The one London bound is worthless and would be much better sited (as others have mentioned) in the Rayleigh Weir underpass.

I don't have a problem with Fixed Cameras - it's the mobile units that are so unfair, particularly the one sited in Bournemouth Park Road around this time last year.
sad.gif

ORM doesn't generally speed anyway. * cough *

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Aug. 30 2006,14:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SARF @ Aug. 30 2006,13:41)]Im not a speed camera fan.. If I get nicked for speeding at the very least I want a Copper to have to be standing out in the pouring rain with his speed gun. But those two cameras on either side of the 127 there are an example of where they should be used.. Especially the one on the Southend bound side.
The one Southend bound is perfectly positioned. The one London bound is worthless and would be much better sited (as others have mentioned) in the Rayleigh Weir underpass.

I don't have a problem with Fixed Cameras - it's the mobile units that are so unfair, particularly the one sited in Bournemouth Park Road around this time last year.
sad.gif

ORM doesn't generally speed anyway. * cough *
actually your are right.. it should also be scrapped for enviromental reasons as that downhill stretch is perfect for getting up to 70 mph.. think of all the wasted fuel as everyone has to keep it to 40 then gas it up that hill..
Mobile cameras are real sh!ts but at least essex fm give you the heads up on which towns they are in

Back