• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Aaron Mclean

Skyblue

Manager
According to the Grays site Paul Brush was seen watching them the other week, probably running the rule over their coloured stricker Aaron Mclean. According to the Sun today Wolves are also showing an interest along with a host of other league clubs. This guy is sh*t hot. I saw score two goals down there at the begining of the season. His fast technically good and for a small guy, can head a ball in the any direction he wants it to.We must make a move on him before somebody else does, cos this guy has got a very bright future.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Skyblue @ Oct. 12 2006,20:13)]coloured stricker Aaron Mclean.
rock.gif

He's an Orient reject.
oops.gif

We have indeed watched him but I very much doubt anything comes of it. Just one of those regular scouting missions that the club take all the time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Skyblue @ Oct. 12 2006,20:13)]According to the Grays site Paul Brush was seen watching them the other week, probably running the rule over their coloured stricker Aaron Mclean. According to the Sun today Wolves are also showing an interest along with a host of other league clubs. This guy is sh*t hot. I saw score two goals down there at the begining of the season. His fast technically good and for a small guy, can head a ball in the any direction he wants it to.We must make a move on him before somebody else does, cos this guy has got a very bright future.
I saw this "Sticker" for England amatuers vs Scotland and he was toilet.....Dennis Oli on the other hand was fantastic.....
upside.gif

Knightly is an out and out wide man and although his been getting a few goals for Grays is certainly no better than Cole, Gower or JCR. Oli has got nice neat close control for a big guy but wouldn't stand a chance in the Championship. Mclean is a goal scorer and for me in the games I've seen for Grays this season by far the better of the three and most fitting our needs. If I had to put him or Paynter in against Cov tonight........ no contest.

sounds promising, and has been getting the goals for grays, however we are in the championship now... do we really need another lower league signing after harrold and hooper? i would suggest we look for some experience and intelligence

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Skyblue @ Oct. 13 2006,12:45)]Knightly is an out and out wide man and although his been getting a few goals for Grays is certainly no better than Cole, Gower or JCR. Oli has got nice neat close control for a big guy but wouldn't stand a chance in the Championship. Mclean is a goal scorer and for me in the games I've seen for Grays this season by far the better of the three and most fitting our needs. If I had to put him or Paynter in against Cov tonight........ no contest.
I have seen Grays a couple of times this season.

I would not agree that Kightly is "certainly no better than Cole" (but agree with the Gower, JCR observation). Oli is playing a bit-part role this season and seems to have gone off the boil. McLean is playing the best football of his career but he is not another Eastwood. Though, I'd swap him for Paynter like a shot.

McLean was doing the work of 2 striker at Oxford after their defencer got send off after 4 mins so Grays have to change their formation from 4-4-2 to 4-4-1 with McLean was up front on his own but was all over the pitch and did the work you expect from 2 striker & score a goal in a 1-1 draw.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Oct. 13 2006,13:14)]McLean was doing the work of 2 striker at Oxford after their defencer got send off after 4 mins so Grays have to change their formation from 4-4-2 to 4-4-1 with McLean was up front on his own but was all over the pitch and did the work you expect from 2 striker & score a goal in a 1-1 draw.
And relax................
rock.gif

I reckon if Brush seen enough after scouting a Gray game tomorrow, we might get him on 3 month loans view to a Jans transfer deadline move if he impress.

maybe a deal will be done and he will be on the bench tonight!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Skyblue @ Oct. 12 2006,20:13)]coloured stricker Aaron Mclean.
What colour is he?

I am hoping he is a grassy green colour.

A little bit of camouflage could give him a crucial edge against some of the offside traps employed in this division.

Also a Col U reject, played some reserve games for us last season without impressing.

Hate to bang on about this guy but...... scored again today. Third goal in three games since his loan spell at Peterbough, plus an assist in his first game against Swansea. Getting rave reviews on Posh's fan site ... voted mom again. This guy scores goals and will do in any division and I repeat my prediction from an earlier thread that he will score more goals than Paynter, Clark and Francis infact all or any of our strikers and midfield put together next season when we are both in div 1......Unless we can nick him or somebody like him and fast.

so you're saying that he would score more than all of our midfield and strikers if we get relegated? Surely that would be fifty goals at least?

Either way, fairly peculiarly, I'm going to be watching Peterborough next week so I'll run the rule over him to see if he's still as poop as last time I saw him.

Back