• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Abuse of other members

Does anyone read the Echo comments? Some Ron/Ray person has so many easer names and all very offencive most of the time, this person just gets away with it.

Yes, the amount of trolls on there is incredible, and they really do spoil it for everyone else. Some of them have about 10 names. Nothing much gets deleted, and some have been doing it for a couple of years. No mods it seems. They need some of ours on there.:Smile:

Have an opinion. Express it respectfully. Be kind. Be nice.

When I still lived locally, if someone cut me off in traffic, I would give them the benefit of the doubt if they had SUFC bumper stickers or a mini-kit visible on their car. Let's take that mentality to this forum - we are a community and we need to be united at this, our darkest hour.

For the vast majority of us the idea someone would bother to set up sock puppet accounts on a lowly football clubs fans forum is difficult to comprehend. A bit sad really.

I enjoy reading and posting on this site as it’s refreshingly light on the kind of keyboard warriors you find on twitter and other social media. The mods here do a great job and I love the variety of views and opinions on the zone. I think it’s fair to say we’re all nutcases for following the Blues! Agree we should all remember that whatever our take on things.

I am obviously way behind the times (and no abuse please from you Mr Creakson) and some of the terminology used these days but, totally agree about respecting each other

Lot of nutjobs about on the old interwebz (i had to google sock puppet too ?)
In fairness, this kind of thing happened long before the internet. I'm sure I've read about people sending themselves fake threatening letters. It's just it's got easier now. Back then, you'd have to buy a different pen to the one you usually use, get some different stationery, write with your other hand, walk to a post box where nobody who knows you will see you post it, etc.

Now you just open another browser window.

The internet hasn't changed how people are, it's just made it more convenient and faster. I remember seeing vicious arguments in magazine letter pages that went on for months. They'd be all over in an afternoon these days and having to start another thread a week later to repeat the same arguments.

We are thinking of making a clean "Sweep" with you.
Oh no, it's squeaky bum time!

Back