• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wouldn't want to rock the boat. I'm going to let this season end before I give my opinions on the state of our finances...

love that the move to a new ground is still given as a mitigating factor in regards going concern.

It is the sole mitigating factor. The club will continue to be bankrolled for as long as there's a reason to bankroll it (the pot of gold at the end of the Fossetts Farm rainbow).

Very grim reading. How any accountant can look at those figures and declare us as a "going concern" is beyond me.

Anyhow, forget that for a moment.....all eyes on tonight.

I would think next years accounts will be more interesting reading, what with the sponsorship changeover & the purchase of the dome. Though looking at these numbers one I would be surprised if it were actually purchased by SUFC Ltd.

Very grim reading. How any accountant can look at those figures and declare us as a "going concern" is beyond me.

Anyhow, forget that for a moment.....all eyes on tonight.

Same for most clubs sadly.

Anyway, where is Rayleigh Boy, once he points out we were given 5 million pounds from Sainsbury things will look much better.

So Bottom line

just enough coming in through the doors to cover wages. we have to borrow from the parent company to cover the other costs of running the club.

no real change to previous years other than the parent company seems to be able to lend a bit more this season.
And I can't see any improvement for 2014-2015 accounts

If we don't want to be reliant on RM we need another 3k on the gate for next season (if they are all paying full price) and no increase in wages,

Every 100 pound a week extra we pay the players will need about 10 additional adults for every match to cover it.

As for going concern, someone has put up a good enough case that they can cover the costs and , to be honest, they have succeeded so far (albeit with the odd stutter)

So Bottom line

just enough coming in through the doors to cover wages. we have to borrow from the parent company to cover the other costs of running the club.

no real change to previous years other than the parent company seems to be able to lend a bit more this season.
And I can't see any improvement for 2014-2015 accounts

If we don't want to be reliant on RM we need another 3k on the gate for next season (if they are all paying full price) and no increase in wages,

Every 100 pound a week extra we pay the players will need about 10 additional adults for every match to cover it.

As for going concern, someone has put up a good enough case that they can cover the costs and , to be honest, they have succeeded so far (albeit with the odd stutter)

Would be interesting to see how much goes through for the MD sponsorship though.

Who did we sell to make £700,000 in player trading in 2013?

Ryan Cresswell plus instalments from selling Hall and Ferdinand in 12/13.

The more important question is what income are we going to get to plug the shortfall in subsequent years? 12/13 we had the JPT run. We'll get 50% of the net gate receipts for tonight, but that will just plug the hole in the accounts caused by falling to go as far as we'd budgeted for in the cup.

This is why it is so important that we have a manager who can sign and develop young talent to sell.

Back