• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

One of the few who when he kissed the badge you knew he meant it not show.Also had that connection with the fans which is so rare.A 100% committed player who I will always have the best memories of.Was he seen as a threat to Brown earlier this season would seem to explain why he suddenly was frozen out.One of the SUFC greats of this era...Thanks Adam for the memories

Good idea - gives him more time to solve world hunger, locate the warchest, negotiate Brexit and work as Jason Statham's stunt double.

I think ORM should start a collection for Barrett.

I think he should start a Barrett signs thread.

d063d8b7c1471349d2847c26ce4e4d8c_XL.jpg

Tilson leads tributes as Blues legend Barrett retires

SOUTHEND United legend Adam Barrett has announced his retirement from the game with immediate effect.

More...

True SUFC legend, perhaps a season too far, but that should not detract from the service he has given to the club. :thumbsup:

Although he wasn't a great player you could always rely on 100 per cent from Adam and on that basis deserves to be called a club legend.

Don't know how to react. Probably won't see him ever again grace the Roots Hall pitch and I am absolutely gutted. Please Ron sort this man a testimonial!

All the best AB, never seen a player with more pride play for us than him.

Now I'm off to cry

Back