• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Today's Echo reckons that Andy Edwards wants Adam on loan for the remainder of the season. He's asked his Chairman and now we sit and wait. This featured as a rumour on here a while back, it now has the Echo stamp of truth.

I hope he goes somewhere and ends his playing career by actually playing, even if it is Orient. Just hope he doesn't end up hanging up his boots on a relegation. This does make a lot of sense with the Andy Edwards link

Adam said quite clearly at the Trust AGM that he wasn't interested in playing anywhere else at this stage in his career.

Adam said quite clearly at the Trust AGM that he wasn't interested in playing anywhere else at this stage in his career.

Things change. What's motivating AB at the moment to get up in the morning and train? When he knows full well he won't be playing here again even if Ferdinand and Thommo break their legs? What's he keeping in shape for?

We don't always get the fairytale ending you see in the movies and I know how much Ad wanted to retire here but he's still fit and able so might as well go and play for 6 months rather than get splinters in his arse

Things change. What's motivating AB at the moment to get up in the morning and train? When he knows full well he won't be playing here again even if Ferdinand and Thommo break their legs? What's he keeping in shape for?

We don't always get the fairytale ending you see in the movies and I know how much Ad wanted to retire here but he's still fit and able so might as well go and play for 6 months rather than get splinters in his arse

And good luck to him too. A great servant who deserves to be treated better than PB has over the past few months. He could still do a great job for us and has been treated disgracefully.

Whatever happens he will still and always will be a firm favourite at SUFC as he has been at every club he has represented.

A model professional in the true sense of the word.

And good luck to him too. A great servant who deserves to be treated better than PB has over the past few months. He could still do a great job for us and has been treated disgracefully.

Whatever happens he will still and always will be a firm favourite at SUFC as he has been at every club he has represented.

A model professional in the true sense of the word.

Absolutely. The man has run through walls for this club. That's why the possibility of seeing him in an Orient shirt doesn't bother me in the slightest. He doesn't need to do anymore to show his desire and passion for Southend United but this is his job and if he has the opportunity to go somewhere, especially local, and continue to do his job I think he should seriously consider it.

Absolutely. The man has run through walls for this club. That's why the possibility of seeing him in an Orient shirt doesn't bother me in the slightest. He doesn't need to do anymore to show his desire and passion for Southend United but this is his job and if he has the opportunity to go somewhere, especially local, and continue to do his job I think he should seriously consider it.

Hear hear. Plus it would reunite him with Eagle.

Why would he want to end his glorious career with relegation in front of a couple of thousand mugs wearing counterfeit labels?

Today's Echo reckons that Andy Edwards wants Adam on loan for the remainder of the season. He's asked his Chairman and now we sit and wait. This featured as a rumour on here a while back, it now has the Echo stamp of truth.

Oxymoron alert.

Makes sense, has played for them before and knows Edwards well. Will do well at that level, the type to motivate the other players to do well.

Orient enquire about signing Barrett on loan

LEYTON Orient are keen on signing Southend United defender Adam Barrett on loan for the remainder of the season.

More...

Adam will be retiring at the end of the season anyway so will already be thinking about and looking at the next phase of his career. We are talking a handful of games between now and June, if he wants to play a few more games then fair enough but it is nowhere near a certainty.

If we wants to get into coaching I would suggest a more important consideration would be where do his best opportunities lie, Southend or Leyton Orient?

I agree about the fairytale ending most sportsmen continue on for a season or series too long and rarely go out at the top. I remember Nasser Hussain saying he could not better a century at Lords which is why he retired from playing for England earlier then he needed to. I guess that why Nico Rosberg has retired also

Back