• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pak Power

Manager⭐
So, Tuesday night pairs together one of our (favourite ?) old boys, against our latest loanee goal getter.

Adam, has had good reviews for Gills, and they have had a great start to the season, curently unbeaten at home and top of the league.

Britt has 4 goals in 5 starts for us, and I think it's ashame we only have him on loan, as he looks a really good propect and one for the future.

Do you think Adam's experience will outwit Brit? Will Brit be aware of Adam's cuddling technique? It will be an intriguing examination as youth looks to overcome experience, coupled with shrimper v ex-shrimper tag.

Also Gavin Tomlin had a very successful loan spell with the Gills when they were managerless, and there are some fans on their site who think he will probably score against them. Just I suppose as there may be some on here who will think Adam will score against us.

i think all britt has to do is play to his own strengths as in using his pace and his weight now and then and barrett will soon know that his been in a game, add tomlin to that and that will be a handfull for any back four.

Get the ball on the floor and Britt will run rings around Adam. Good player in his day, no doubt, but the legs have long gone.

Adam's turning circle is the size of the M25 so ball behind him and run him. Simples.

Lol, everyone seems to be on the same wavelength here, I think Adam will have his hands full!

Has to be played on the floor and if so Barrett wont stand a chance. We all know he is good in the air but not the quickest when trying to turn

Has to be played on the floor and if so Barrett wont stand a chance. We all know he is good in the air but not the quickest when trying to turn

Not that good, too short and was always better with a bigger partner like Sodje/Prior. Its why he got caught up in the cuddles mentioned above.

Saying that he will still be better than our forwards in the air.

Britt has 4 goals in 5 starts for us

Actually, it's 5 goals in 5 games, or if you count League games only it's 5 goals in 4 matches. I think he'll be more than a handful for Barrett.

It will also be interesting to see how much better Cresswell is than Barrett, if you can tell them apart... :unsure:

i can see Adam slicing one into his own goal in front of us Southend fans , with the chants of " Barrett is a shrimper, Barrett is a shrimper , lalalala " ringing around Priestfield .... Gills 0 Southend 1

Gills have been flying and Adam will always get good reviews at this level because he throws himself into every challenge. It may be taken as a given that he gets left behind in a race... His defensive attributes are good but his physical attributes (acceleration and pace) are not so good.

This will be a good test for Britt. He only has to get in and behind AB once in 90 minutes and I will back him to score.

COYB.

Let's hope Barrett plays like he did during his last two years with us rather than his first two!

Let's hope Barrett plays like he did during his last two years with us rather than his first two!

Well he's getting on a bit now so I would imagine he won't be as effective as he was in his younger days with us. Still deserves a top reception though like Maher always got when we went to Priestfield.

very one paced these days is barrett and who ever he is marking he needs to give himself a yard or two or he will be found out for sure, i would take a point now and have three against exeter any day.

Put Barratt on his left foot and you are past him. Very one footed player for a central defender.

Hi from a lurking Gills fans.

Barrett has been very solid for us so far the the back, and has also been dangerous in attack from Charlie Lee's long throws.

Allen has been chopping and chaging the team around a bit, but I would say he is first choice. That said I'm not 100% sure he will play on Tuesday night, as we have not been playing the older players twice in one week so far.

Back