• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dawny1871

Dear Southend fans

As part of my quest to visit all 92 league grounds I'm hoping to get to Roots Hall in December, so I'm after some advice for my visit.

I've pencilled in 18th Dec for your game against Wycombe, do you envisage me having any problems getting tickets?

Also I'd like to sit in a part of the ground which has a good atmosphere, are any of the sections of Roots Hall better known for their singing and passion than others??

Sorry for my ignorance but I hope you can help me.

Many thanks

Welcome! Certainly won't be a problem with tickets. Check out the official site for prices etc www.southendunited.premiumtv.co.uk

Advanced letters in the West stand are best for atmosphere (e.g. V and W), although the upper south isn't too bad either.

Good luck in your quest!

Yep I'd recommend sitting down in V or W in the West Stand. No problem getting tickets.

Block V or W for the atmosphere, without doubt!

Can't imagine more than about 7,000 in attendance for this game, so no problem with availability.

After one of our own supporters did this I'd suggest contacting the club well in advance to let them know, who knows, if they're in an expansive mood you may even get a freebie or two! Best of luck with it :clap:

It depends what you deem as atmosphere...

If you want your archetypal football atmosphere, generated largely by songs and chants by your everyman in the street, local football supporter, then the Blue Voice sections in Block V or W will be right up your street. But, when you're visiting 92 clubs, you want some variety, right? This is where Southend can truly benefit the casual neutral...

Want a strictly alternative and, quite often, downright bizarre experience? Try the Dagenham Kev Matchday Package. Be entertained by our token lunatic as he wobbles around the East Stand, asking people where he left his pint and informing them that Grays Athletic are going up this season. You don't actually get to see the game, you watch it in the Groundsman's Bar in a constant state of panic that Kev might attack you, but technically you've still visited the stadium, right?

After a truly engaging, often insulting day out? Then how about sitting next to ldnfatso as he hurls abuse at our vast selection of wingers and laugh at his attempts to chase them out of our football club. This comes with a signed Mark Gower photo.

Alternatively, if you're a midget or have no legs, then I'd advise sitting in the backrow of any of our four stands. You'll find the total absence of leg room right up your street, although to any normal, leg-bearing person, they stretch the boundaries of the Geneva convention.

Are you on glue ? Do Wycombe have 2,000 away fans ? even if we go on a mini winning run it's the last Saturday before Christmas.

That is a top end estimate.

We are getting 5,500 or so at the moment. So with a decent run and probably 1,000 from Wycombe I cannot see why that is an estimate fuelled by copious amounts of glue?...

Good luck - it's something I have always wanted to do as well. I would actually like to visit all the league grounds to see Southend playing there. Highly unlikely I know.

Anyway, if you can get a ticket in the West stand your view will be enhanced by numerous stanchions and pillars you have to peer around at various times that makes you look a bit like a demented parrot. Getting a ticket in the East Stand gives you a mainly unobstructed view unless it's sunny, although at that time of year that shouldn't pose a problem. The South Lower is either at or even below pitch level and is my least favourite view from the whole ground. South Upper is good but personal preference for me is to watch from the sides.

The away end in the North Bank is a bit crammed but the atmosphere will be good. The corrugated iron roof really resonates the sound and makes 100 people sound like 1000.

Dear Southend fans

As part of my quest to visit all 92 league grounds I'm hoping to get to Roots Hall in December, so I'm after some advice for my visit.

I've pencilled in 18th Dec for your game against Wycombe, do you envisage me having any problems getting tickets?

Also I'd like to sit in a part of the ground which has a good atmosphere, are any of the sections of Roots Hall better known for their singing and passion than others??

Many thanks

I asked my kids what they wanted for Christmas and they both said they didn't want any presents but could I take them to the Wycombe game on the 18th.

It's going to be big.

come to the Spread Eagle before the game, part of the Southend match day experiance

Dear Southend fans

Many thanks

I'm a big fan of this and in the spirit of Christmas I pledge to buy your ticket for you.

Dawny are you doing this as a personal quest, or is it a charity exercise? If you are doing it for chairty then I am sure some on here would like to contribute, if it is a cause they believe in. Good luck with it

I would say that if we were playing Manchester United again, or maybe Spurs in the advanced stages of the league cup or a potentially championship winning match or a league tie against West Ham or even a play-off home leg then you'd struggle to get a ticket, you really would and I would strongly advise you not to make the trip. Roots Hall would be sold out for such games and the atmosphere would be electric with singing and swearing and there may even be pitch invasions and stuff. The place would be rammed and there might even be bootleg scarves sold outside as well as ticket touts and burger vans. As you're coming to a league two match against Wycombe, who nobody gives a sh*t about, it wont be anything like this at all. I just don't want you to leave with the impression that we are small time.

Last edited:
Back