• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
I Think that I have been stitched up by an on-line company called Digiprint UK.

I ordered a new battery for my camcorder and took the next day delivery service at £5.95, this was on Monday and still no sign of the goods, I have tried calling the number for the last few days but no answer what so ever, it is not looking good.

Not sure what I do next, anyone know what authorities I contact to try and get this looked in to?

Its not so much the £40 that I might have lost but I needed the battery for this Friday as I am filming a “Can’t Cook won’t cook for Breast Cancer and they are relying on my producing copies of the DVD to sell with all proceeds going to the charity.

Many Thanks

I Think that I have been stitched up by an on-line company called Digiprint UK.

I ordered a new battery for my camcorder and took the next day delivery service at £5.95, this was on Monday and still no sign of the goods, I have tried calling the number for the last few days but no answer what so ever, it is not looking good.

Not sure what I do next, anyone know what authorities I contact to try and get this looked in to?

Its not so much the £40 that I might have lost but I needed the battery for this Friday as I am filming a “Can’t Cook won’t cook for Breast Cancer and they are relying on my producing copies of the DVD to sell with all proceeds going to the charity.

Many Thanks

If they have a mailing address and it's not a PO Box, go round there and set the premises on fire. When they start running out, demand to know the location of your goods.

If you paid by credit card, you will be fully protected by them, so contact them post haste. If you paid by any other means, even debit card, and they have ceased trading, you have done your money

You will still have to wait a reasonable amount of time before a credit card company will be looking to reclaim. While that wont help you for Fri you should be able to get your money back from the credit card company.

Some internet companies indicate they have items in stock on their website when infact they dont. This maybe the case here.

On the website it gives you the option to register for an "account" which allows you to track your order online. Did you do that? Also, with interlink you should have got a reference to track the parcel on their website. Maybe worth contacting them to see if they have attempted delivery and not left a card and its sitting at their depot?

There are also two numbers listed on the website, have your tried both?

One 0870 2240233 and the other 0844 811 1251 plus try email as you will have a copy of that for any claim you may need to put forward for your credit card company to refund you.

(Hope I have the right company)

Think you will find it hard this week moaning about something being delayed due to postal strike. No one is going to act for a few weeks....

I'd try calling them first and if not trading standards

You will still have to wait a reasonable amount of time before a credit card company will be looking to reclaim. While that wont help you for Fri you should be able to get your money back from the credit card company.

Some internet companies indicate they have items in stock on their website when infact they dont. This maybe the case here.

On the website it gives you the option to register for an "account" which allows you to track your order online. Did you do that? Also, with interlink you should have got a reference to track the parcel on their website. Maybe worth contacting them to see if they have attempted delivery and not left a card and its sitting at their depot?

There are also two numbers listed on the website, have your tried both?

One 0870 2240233 and the other 0844 811 1251 plus try email as you will have a copy of that for any claim you may need to put forward for your credit card company to refund you.

(Hope I have the right company)

Paid by Debit card, also set up an account, got an e-mail saying that the goods were sent out on Tuesday.

Have tried the 0844 number for the last 3 days with no answer and the other number is now not operational.

Think you will find it hard this week moaning about something being delayed due to postal strike. No one is going to act for a few weeks....

I'd try calling them first and if not trading standards

I paid £5.95 for next day delivey......bugger all to do with Royal Mail

It will be if it's been sent Royal Mail Special Delivery, which is normally next day guaranteed. However they may have used the likes of CitySprint or another courier / parcel company.

Interlink according to the website.

It is quite important to cover yourself by using a credit card when purchasing goods off the internet. The credit card company will recover the costs on your behalf. Bit late now in this case tho.

Dave, if you have an account what does it say as regards the status of the item? If its been sent then I would phone your local interlink branch and ask. I have had cards stuck inside my letterbox before and only reappeared when other post has arrived as its pushed it through. Sometimes I havent even had an attempted delivery card and then my neighbour has popped round with the item.

Its also worth searching for some reviews of websites before ordering from them. Some get a very bad press but are still quite happy to take your money. Its then a lottery if you get your goods or your money back.

Citizens Advice might be a place to ask what you can do but not sure what you can do if you have effectively paid with "cash" which is in essence what a debit card is (atleast compared to a credit card anyway).

It is quite important to cover yourself by using a credit card when purchasing goods off the internet. The credit card company will recover the costs on your behalf. Bit late now in this case tho.

Dave, if you have an account what does it say as regards the status of the item? If its been sent then I would phone your local interlink branch and ask. I have had cards stuck inside my letterbox before and only reappeared when other post has arrived as its pushed it through. Sometimes I havent even had an attempted delivery card and then my neighbour has popped round with the item.

Its also worth searching for some reviews of websites before ordering from them. Some get a very bad press but are still quite happy to take your money. Its then a lottery if you get your goods or your money back.

Citizens Advice might be a place to ask what you can do but not sure what you can do if you have effectively paid with "cash" which is in essence what a debit card is (atleast compared to a credit card anyway).

Been chatting to Interlink in Aberdeen today which is the hub that services my area and they have no record of any packages being sent or due to be sent to my address. So it looks like i have been had.

So what ever you do folks avoid this web site

http://www.digiprintuk.com/index.php

digiprint.gif

If its a Maestro debit card your knackered. If however, its a Visa Debit Card (I think Nationwide, for example have them) then you could get your money back if the goods dont arrive:

Visa debit card

A Visa debit card offers significantly better protection for shoppers. Their scheme is called Visa Debit Chargeback and any bank that issues a Visa debit card has to comply with the scheme.

You can claim money back if the goods you buy are damaged, or the product or services are not delivered.
There is no limit on what you can claim. But you have to claim within 120 days of the date you expected the goods to be delivered or the firm going bust.

RBS Maestro

Lesson learnt, thing is, you trawl the tinternet for the best price and then you are at the mercy of the villains.

Once you find a great deal, you then trawl the internet for reviews of said company/site. Any comments about not receiving goods or being hard to get hold of via the Phone, should be an indication to steer clear.

Just my tip for all internet shoppers.

Once you find a great deal, you then trawl the internet for reviews of said company/site. Any comments about not receiving goods or being hard to get hold of via the Phone, should be an indication to steer clear.

Just my tip for all internet shoppers.

That is what i should have done but i was so desperate to get the battery as soon as i could because I'm filming the Breast Cancer charity s "Can't cook won't cook night tonight and I didn't want to let them down.

I will certainly be taking your advice in the future mate.

:stupidme:

Last edited:

That is what i should have done but i was so desperate to get the battery as soon as i could because I'm filming the Breast Cancer charity s "Can't cook won't cook night tonight and I didn't want to let them down.

I will certainly be taking your advice in the future mate

Thats gratitude for ya....I wont bother next time! :finger:

Back