• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
What a difference a year makes. Last season in the friendlies we were all shouting "Who are ya? Who are ya?" at our own players... now many are going on tour up to Scotland and thanks to facebook and twitter we are thinking of a lot of these lads almost as our mates.

Quite a turnaround.

And with signings made so far (and the ones hopefully coming in) we have a team capable of scoring tons of goals. Look at the potential goals in this side - Corr (20), Harris (20), Hall (10), Sawyer (5), Sturrock (5), Mohsni (5), Johnson (10), Grant (5), N'Diaye (5), Leonard (2 or 3, mainly from 30 yards plus...) and then Ricketts if he signs (no idea but lets say 10)... my God there'll be some entetainment at the Hall this year.

Although season ticket sales have dropped I think the crowds will very soon be about the same and if we do well even higher than last season.

There is certainly more of an air of optimism about the Zone & Roots Hall, that hasn't been around now for 2 years or so. The signings made so far are very encouraging, and if the likes of Leonard & Ricketts can be bought to the club then we should have some strength in depth. Hopefully enough to mount a serious challenge to get out of this God awful division.

I lost a lot of interest last season and being laid low by a bad chest infection in the winter kept me away from a lot of games which in many ways was a blessed relief. I can't get overly enthused about friendlies particularly when England are about to start a Test series against India. But will be there against Hereford with my nice new shiny season card, and my usual air of hope at the start of a new season.

I have to agree fbm, Sturrock has shown his intent with the signings and potential signings. Last season for me i tuned in to BW occasionally but really wasn't to bothered which was strange after supporting the club for 30 odd years. I may even pop along to the Hall this year.

Totally agree - the banter plus insights via Twitter have really helped for me this pre-season.
The smiles on the photos from today echo the feeling amoungst fans.

This time last year I was thinking that I couldn't be bothered to go to the Hall at all (and in fact Barnet away was my first game of the season).

I'm buzzing for it already! Been to Wakering friendly and will be catching a few more which is generally unlike me :thumbsup:

Back