• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alan Lee- A disgrace to Football

Csboy

Manager
Firstly what a great win today. Thought every player played well and all Shrimpers fans were brilliant.

For those who were not at the game today Alan Lee punched the ball into the net Maradona style but thankfully both the Linesman and Ref were alert, the linesman flagged and the goal immediatley ruled out. The ref booked the player who had already been booked so he was then sent off. What made me laugh was the player then runs after the ref complaining. He deserves a 10 match ban for what he did today, even their manager has called him an idiot.

Just hope I never see a Southend player do something like that, its brings shame on the whole club. The Ipswich fans even applauded him as he left the field! Says a lot for them. It was about the only time we heard any noise out of them all day.

We did also see them having a few dives in the area as well. Okay I know we have seen Southend players do that but they seem to be doing it more than other teams we have seen. Goes to show how well we played that they had to try to cheat to score. Can't wait to play them again next season.

I was talking to an Ipswich fan at half-time and he stated that Lee's reputation is well known and he feels the blokes an embarassment to the club. It was a special moment to see him get an early bath for cheating.

Yeh, what a tosser, great to see refs at this level actually be aware to players trying to mug them off for once!!

Not everyone did but I think people had a lot of sympathy with his first booking .

Not everyone did but I think people had a lot of sympathy with his first booking .
grr it doesn't matter.. he was still an idiot for making a rash, stupid and definitely bookable tackle when he was already on a yellow. he was rightly sent off and will have to work hard to get back into the team after today

I think the most satisfying part of the day for me was singing "Can we play you every week?". This is because I seem to remember a team from Suffolk singing that at Roots Hall during and after their 3-1 win earlier in the season. Now what was their name again.....??

grr it doesn't matter.. he was still an idiot for making a rash, stupid and definitely bookable tackle when he was already on a yellow. he was rightly sent off and will have to work hard to get back into the team after today

It's easy to get caught in the moment. Ok, he should have had the thought of his 1st yellow in his mind but I'm sure its very easy to forget it. Leicester were breaking away and his first thought was to bring the man down. Not really idiotic in my opinion. I feel he'll stroll back in... Bradbury still seems to be the only one not up to this standard and we still havnt seen the Eastwood Foran partnership everyone wants to see.

I haven;t got any sympathy for Foran. It was a stupid tackle, there was no need for it (I'm sorry but I don't buy the theory that they would have score had he not selflessly sacrificed himself for the greater good....), and he blew his big chance to earn himself a starting spot alongside Eastwood.

Blimey! Give Foran a chance! One slightly daft tackle and you want him burnt at the stake!

At thetime, I remember shouting "Take the booking!" as they appeared to be running through at our last man/men. I was quite satisfied when the player was brought down, only for the smile to be wiped off my face when I realised it was Foran - made me look like a berk that's for sure!

I still think that for a player not on a yellow, taking the booking in that situation is worth it.

Still, give me Foran upfront over Bradbury any day, he's much more of a goal threat. I don't expect him to start on Tuesday night though which is a shame

So this has turned into another Foran v Bradbury thread has it ?

Well,whichever camp you are in, surely we need to see Foran over a longer period and not just a few minutes here and there .

How do you think Bradbury is going to feel knowing that despite all his hard efforts ( see previous comments about our success rate with him in and out of the team ) supporters are ready to write him off based on a couple of cameo performances by the new guy .

Surely we should look to Foran to come off the bench to freshen things up when we need him and prove that he is worth his place in a fast improving Blues side, rather than chastise a loyal servant .

Let him earn his place and then we can judge their respective merits.

Back