• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

And for me, I nearly collapsed after the celebrating the winner! All 3 of our goals were crackers!

THERE'S ONLY TWO MICHAEL RICKETTS!

Poor Patrick Agyemang, he didn't know what he'd done to upset us, and all the time Ricketts was peering out of the dugout wetting himself. I took my son, his friend Michael and Lucky Derek. Michael, coming from the remote Highlands, had never seen a live football match before. I had to apologise to him afterwards, because he'll almost certainly never experience anything so madly brilliant again.

It's posts like this that make me tear my hair out. All people aspire to is the re-recruitment of half-decent players we've had before, who could "do a job" at whatever level we're playing. If the club is genuinely interested that makes me suspect Phil doesn't have much lined up.

Impressed with Brentford's recruitment this summer though - they are clearly going for the best young talent in the leagues below them.

It's posts like this that make me tear my hair out. All people aspire to is the re-recruitment of half-decent players we've had before, who could "do a job" at whatever level we're playing. If the club is genuinely interested that makes me suspect Phil doesn't have much lined up.

Impressed with Brentford's recruitment this summer though - they are clearly going for the best young talent in the leagues below them.

You are Alan McCormack and I claim my holiday before the season is over.

Now this really WOULD surprise me. He left because of the off field saga with Ron and the non-payment of salaries. Last time I looked, Ron Martin was still in charge, so unless Adam Barrett has done a helluva lot of persuading.....

As it goes, I think we could do a lot worse. But then, of course, I would say that!!! :winking:

As soon as I see this thread, it instantly made me think of that pic I made with you & Macca getting married at Roots Hall :hilarious:

You can rest assured though, I've lost it forever :'(

Yeah the fella has been shining in the championship for a few seasons and for some reason he is not good enough for us. Let's get some kids in and then we can all moan that the team lacks experience. I'm all for PB bringing in players who have experience at this league and above.

We are not Barcelona not are we a particularly exciting proposition. We play in a ramshackle stadium and have a total mug of a chairman.

I'm more than happy with the names being mentioned but some fans seem to think that we should be signing England u21 players or Zlatan Ibrahimovic or the like.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 At last someone talks sense

As soon as I see this thread, it instantly made me think of that pic I made with you & Macca getting married at Roots Hall :hilarious:

You can rest assured though, I've lost it forever :'(

Haha! I remember that picture SO well, had me absolutely in stitches - and most of SZ too, from memory! Bless him, that was a bad time for me and he was always very decent to me. Fortunately we have both moved on a long way from then.

Still, looks like we won't be going that route, who'd have thought a press article could be so wrong?! :winking:

Back