• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Aldershot Town v Southend United, Tuesday 25th January, 1945ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 95 87.2%
  • Jason Demitriou

Votes: 36 33.0%
  • Leon Davies

Votes: 58 53.2%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 94 86.2%
  • Kasper Łopata

• Nathan Ralph

Votes: 92 84.4%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 84 77.1%
  • Harrison Neal

Votes: 92 84.4%
  • Will Atkinson

Votes: 69 63.3%
  • Matt Dennis

• Sam Dalby

Votes: 87 79.8%
  • Harry Cardwell

• Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 43 39.4%
  • Louis Walsh

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Collin Ndeng-Ndi

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Harry Seaden

• Josh Coulson

• John White

• Jack Bridge

• James Dunne (if fit)

• Abu Ogogo (if fit)

• Rhys Murphy (if fit)

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Win

Votes: 43 39.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 39 35.8%
  • Lose

Votes: 7 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be making the journey, looking forward to this one.

Shame I can’t make this because of work but £20 train fare, £20 entry fee..shame it’s not on a Saturday. Again, our following is second to none - 450 plus for a midweek game - considering the last 3 years and where we are now - amazing. Guaranteed we’ll be noisy too.

Shame I can’t make this because of work but £20 train fare, £20 entry fee..shame it’s not on a Saturday. Again, our following is second to none - 450 plus for a midweek game - considering the last 3 years and where we are now - amazing. Guaranteed we’ll be noisy too.
apparently according to various NL social groups our support is nothing compared to Wrexham, Stockport, Grimsby. Torquay etc. I beg to differ when you consider what weve been through. Ive missed 2 away games this season, but our support at the other games ive attended has been some of the best ive known for years

I really don't understand why these clubs don't allow pay on the day. I honestly can't see the logic.

So many fans at a lower level decide on the day whether to go or not.

Seems like financial suicide not to allow on the day.

I will be there with 5 or 600 shrimpers.

apparently according to various NL social groups our support is nothing compared to Wrexham, Stockport, Grimsby. Torquay etc. I beg to differ when you consider what weve been through. Ive missed 2 away games this season, but our support at the other games ive attended has been some of the best ive known for years

Have to disagree there.

Wrexham have only been enjoying a surge in support because of investment. Think they only averaged around 4.5k before that.

Notts county are a city club (proper city) and are a bigger club.

Stockport Grimsby and Chesterfield are having good seasons and aren't far ahead of us. Think our crowds would be higher than theirs if we were right up the top.

As for Torquay. Nice little club but no chance.

I really don't understand why these clubs don't allow pay on the day. I honestly can't see the logic.

So many fans at a lower level decide on the day whether to go or not.

Seems like financial suicide not to allow on the day.

I will be there with 5 or 600 shrimpers.
“Tickets will be available online right up until kick-off for away supporters”

(Which is just as well as I haven’t purchased mine yet)

Have to disagree there.

Wrexham have only been enjoying a surge in support because of investment. Think they only averaged around 4.5k before that.

Notts county are a city club (proper city) and are a bigger club.

Stockport Grimsby and Chesterfield are having good seasons and aren't far ahead of us. Think our crowds would be higher than theirs if we were right up the top.

As for Torquay. Nice little club but no chance.
Totally agree, think a lot of this league won’t give us any credit.

In reality it will be 343 again and probably unchanged however the new and returning players offer some questions.

One post suggested moving to 532 which allows husin to start but means dropping one if the strikers - probably Dalby?

Does bridge come back in to lwb or perhaps move into a similar amc role to husin?

Or do we keep the 3 upfront and go 4 at the back to accommodate an attacking midfielders a 433. I'd love us to do this personally

Arnold
Davies kasper hobson Ralph
Neal Atkinson
Husin
Dennis Dalby cardwell

Subs
Bridge (or walsh) demi clifford kensdale ferguson

In reality it will be 343 again and probably unchanged however the new and returning players offer some questions.

One post suggested moving to 532 which allows husin to start but means dropping one if the strikers - probably Dalby?

Does bridge come back in to lwb or perhaps move into a similar amc role to husin?

Or do we keep the 3 upfront and go 4 at the back to accommodate an attacking midfielders a 433. I'd love us to do this personally

Arnold
Davies kasper hobson Ralph
Neal Atkinson
Husin
Dennis Dalby cardwell

Subs
Bridge (or walsh) demi clifford kensdale ferguson

Jack Bridge will not be available, he is scheduled to be playing tonight at Roots Hall against Col Ewe KO: 7.00.pm.

So what’s changed at aldershot since mm has been there did he bring his own players in? Is it a similar team that beat us?

From experience last year with MM you’d think 0-0 might be the best bet. Hopefully though the chances start going in and our run continues taking us up to 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back