• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hopefully we'll see Bentley start again and get a good run in the side for the rest of this season. The experience he gains now will be very important and we will see if he has the making to be our number 1 next season. Spoke to a friend of Freddy the other day who commented that Dan Bentley is one of the hardest working players in the squad and one of the most deserving of a place in the team. First out and last in at training and is always responsible in terms of watching what he eats and drinks to keep himself in tip top shape.

Used to work with his mum when he was a scholar and met him on a couple of occasions. Can honestly say he is a lovely bloke and his attitude is spot on. Would love to see him get games now along with Njie and Pinnock. They will never get better warming the bench! Although I fear that they won't get a look in now until Brown get's his first win.

I'd like to beat them too. My concern is that Phil Brown is our manager.

Luggy never beat them though! We might stand a better chance but we need to perform to the best of our abilities from the off. They will defo scrap for everything.

Why do people waste so much time with bitter and petty posts about relegating Aldershot ?
We have enough of our won problems and should worry about ourselves and quite what type of challenge we can mount next season.
Think these type of moans show us up in the eyes of others.
We should be above this type of thing , but sadly not.
Think they'll be plenty of teams waiting for us to fail big time next season.

I think after robbing us of 3 points last season we can feel justified wanting a little payback...

I think after robbing us of 3 points last season we can feel justified wanting a little payback...

I understand that , but it's done and dusted , nothing we can do.
I want every team we play against to get hammered and don't want us to come over as a bunch of whingy , sour grape merchants.

So it's Mr Kettle in the middle for the game at Alder$hit......should be interesting

So it's Mr Kettle in the middle for the game at Alder$hit......should be interesting

As much as we malign the poor Mr Kettle, we have a superb record with him in charge of our matches. Christ, I wish he had been in charge of the JPT final. We might have got the odd free kick.

As much as we malign the poor Mr Kettle, we have a superb record with him in charge of our matches. Christ, I wish he had been in charge of the JPT final. We might have got the odd free kick.

Indeed, there would have been a lot of odd free-kicks.

Luggy never beat them though! We might stand a better chance but we need to perform to the best of our abilities from the off. They will defo scrap for everything.

Not only did he never beat them, but he lost 4/5 games against them.

Not good enough.

I understand that , but it's done and dusted , nothing we can do.
I want every team we play against to get hammered and don't want us to come over as a bunch of whingy , sour grape merchants.
I'm not normally one to come across bitter and twisted, but their behaviour over the Boxing Day debacle last year actually cost us promotion. We can't change that part, but we can give them some payback 'in kind' by giving them a terrible time tomorrow night.

I totally agree I'd like to see us roll over every team we play. I guess Alder**** is just one of those teams I'd klike us to roll over a little bit more than others.

How fitting it would be if the "Thames Estuary Galactico's" virtually condemned Aldersh*t to the drop after what happened last season. In the words of Kevin Keegan "I would LOVE IT if we beat them, LOVE IT!" :smile:

Come on Blues! We owe them one! :thumbsup:

Sounds like to many of you this isSouthends FA cup final lol . Personally though i would love some payback as i hope all the players who were with us last season would.Come on you blue boys make this your Wembley 3-1, Corr,Eastwood,Cresswell.

I am positive about this game and the team tonight. :smile:
And I think they will continue from the way they played for most of Saturday with the better ball retention and closing down when we haven't got the ball.
I don't expect many changes from Saturday but maybe either MP or Barks to replace Tam at the back with Tam moving into midfield and Lund benching it.
Subs will likely get used earlier if we get a 2 goal lead. :unsure:

IF.... we win tonight and Bradford lose
We will be 5pts off the final play off spot with arguably the easiest run in of the other contenders
Bradford have to play Rotherham tonight, then Burton and Cheltenham
Chesterfield have to play Plymouth tonight, then Fleetwood and Exeter
Exeter have to play Cheltenham and Chesterfield
Fleetwood are irrelevant if we win our remaining 3.
They can't all win so some are definitely going to drop points, just whether its enough.
Extremely optimistic I know but stranger things have happened.
Still some slim hope :omg:

IF.... we win tonight and Bradford lose
We will be 5pts off the final play off spot with arguably the easiest run in of the other contenders
Bradford have to play Rotherham tonight, then Burton and Cheltenham
Chesterfield have to play Plymouth tonight, then Fleetwood and Exeter
Exeter have to play Cheltenham and Chesterfield
Fleetwood are irrelevant if we win our remaining 3.
They can't all win so some are definitely going to drop points, just whether its enough.
Extremely optimistic I know but stranger things have happened.
Still some slim hope :omg:

Stop it.................

We've only won 4 games since the turn of the year. We're hardly going to suddenly shift gears and win the next three.

Back