• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alison Moyet v Bonzo Dog Doodah Band

Round 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Voiv Stanshall used to have a house in Beach Avenue and his parents lived in Cliffsea Grove. He had his hair styled at a local barber who described him to a friend as "one of the most unpleasant person" who he had ever met. One of my big regrets is not having spoken to him when I passed him in the Broadway one day in the 1970s. He was an absolute hero of mine and at uni I converted a lot of friends to the Bonzos and told then that Viv was from Leigh on Sea. They didn't believe me. That's the trouble with genius and he was a genius, they can be "difficult" as they inhabit a different planet than us mere mortals.
I love Alison and she has a strong individual voice. But it's the Bonzos for me. Complete genius.

Do love the way you get quite random and unknown posters vote on these kind of things.....Quantum Mechanic??? Joe Caldwell???

I probably wanted to vote due to the fantastic singing voice that Alison Moyet has. Unfortunately, not every lady has that vocal ability. I haven't been able to watch eggheads since that bird from the zone was on it. :raspberry:

As this is down to the music, I've got to vote Bonzo. Add to that Neil's work with Monty Python, and it's a no brainer!

I probably wanted to vote due to the fantastic singing voice that Alison Moyet has. Unfortunately, not every lady has that vocal ability. I haven't been able to watch eggheads since that bird from the zone was on it. :raspberry:
:smile: You obviously know me then!

Back