• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

All At Sea fanzine

• I love the fanzine and always buy it

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • I occasionally buy it

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I never buy it

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • What is a fanzine?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bart

• I am TonyTheKray and I think it's time for a change

• Total voters
Hello all,

I'm quite bored at work so thought I would try and canvass a bit of opinion on All At Sea.

Many of you on here will read it, but equally, many of you will not, and I want to know why not? We notice that our readers are mainly 25+ and are keen for younger Shrimpers to read it.

I know I'm biased, but it is a really good read, a third of the price of the programme, and far more entertaining.

If you've never bought it, why not? Tell us below. If not, why not give us a go? I guarantee it will make you laugh, inform and (maybe even) inspire. Have a look at this Andy Ansah interview below for a taster and have a nose around the website.

http://southend.fan247.net/Article.aspx?ArticleID=1362[/URL]

Thanks for your help and keep your eye out for the new All At Sea podcast which will be out imminently...

See you all at the Col Ewe game and here's hoping for three points then.

Cheers,

Ed and Jai

I cannot work out how to put up a poll, but if someone more technologically aware could put it up the options are:

* I love the fanzine and always buy it.
* I occasionally buy it.
* I never buy it.
* What is a fanzine?

If you have never bought it please say why, what you'd like to see in it, or any constructive feedback. Thanks.

I think the fanzine is an excellent read and always look forward to it coming out. Definately think you undercharge for it however at only a quid. Worth at least £2 of anybodies money for sure.

Always a good read. Better than the programme. :)

Despite people always mistaking the AAS boys for programme vendors :)

I know you ouys are keen to keep prices down, but I reckon you could charge £1.50 and most people would still buy it; the key probably is to get younger fans more aware of it.

In fact, Whitney Houston was saying to me only the other day that she believes the children are the future

While this is up - I may as well reveal that the new podcast is out now complete with glaring factual error about Fraicis Laurent at Carlilsle being the last Southend player to score from open play before Hartlepool match. I must have been ****ed for the Gillingham home game...

anyways - http://allatseafanzine.podbean.com

Thanks for the kind comments by the way - we're non-profit so we won't be putting up the price unless printing goes up, at the moment we are doing ok.

We need to hear more from people that DON'T buy it as we're looking to find out why and increase our sales, which at the moment are disappointing.

Thanks for the kind comments by the way - we're non-profit so we won't be putting up the price unless printing goes up, at the moment we are doing ok.

We need to hear more from people that DON'T buy it as we're looking to find out why and increase our sales, which at the moment are disappointing.

Another very entertaining podcast lads...keep up the good work.
Only thing I would like to see is the inclusion of some 'WTS style' anti- West Ham cartoons....never fails to put a smile on the face!

I've bought it a couple of times. I think it's a good read, good variety of articles and excellent value compared to the programme, which I never buy.

Do you sell the fanzine @ away games?

Rgds,

Greg

Not usually Greg although I did sell at Charlton which proved to be quite fruitful.

We may try and sell at more away games in the future for the benefit of exiled Shrimpers.

Alternatively you can set up a subscription or send a cheque to order a particular copy.

Thanks for all the positive feedback folks, although it seems we're preaching to the converted. As Jai said earlier, if you don't buy it, why is that, what would make you buy it?

Back