• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Indeed, we have won 2 in 13, we need to win 5 games in a row to have a chance. It isnt going to happen.

Until Wembley is done, no-one can really honestly say promotion dreams are over. It's such a major thing in the players' consciousness at the moment, and we need to get back to having our cup tied players able to feature in a settled side, and not have players thinking about injuries or anything else associated with a big match.

Who knows what will happen? But fact of the matter is that it's not over until it's a mathematical impossibility. This time of the season always throws up some strange results. Keep hoping!

I grant you that, if we are not too shagged out following the Final on Sunday, we could travel up North on Wednesday and get a victory at Rochdale. If that came to pass I would strongly recommend caution before people start taking their slide rules out of the drawers again. As I mentioned on another thread, take a look at the recent form of our next opponents and it should also be noted that we are playing Bristol Rovers AT HOME! So, before puting the champagne in the fridge and clearing the agenda for mid May, get a reality check.
In spite of those three consecutive, awful, home matches, I still had a weeny bit of hope that the new manager could miraculously turn our form around. I'm afraid that evapourated following yesterday's performance and some will note that I couldn't even muster much excitement when BBBC equalised for us. For those believing in a late surge, once the thoughts of Wembley have been expunged..........look at the form of Bradford.........OK it's better than preceding their Final but they're not exactly stting the world on fire, eh!
Wembley Final, brilliant! (says he, trying to stir up enthusiasm for it, prior to my trip over) ..........however, was the price worth it? I believe the Final has probably cost us promotion, with the loss of our playmaker Timlin in that match at Orient . Wasn't it there as well that Philipps and Barker both either were injured, or aggravated injuries that already existed? The day out is fine but let's not fool ourselves, the only Wembley Final that means anything to a League Two side, takes place in the middle of May...................and sadly, we won't be there for it.

I grant you that, if we are not too shagged out following the Final on Sunday, we could travel up North on Wednesday and get a victory at Rochdale. If that came to pass I would strongly recommend caution before people start taking their slide rules out of the drawers again. As I mentioned on another thread, take a look at the recent form of our next opponents and it should also be noted that we are playing Bristol Rovers AT HOME! So, before puting the champagne in the fridge and clearing the agenda for mid May, get a reality check.
In spite of those three consecutive, awful, home matches, I still had a weeny bit of hope that the new manager could miraculously turn our form around. I'm afraid that evapourated following yesterday's performance and some will note that I couldn't even muster much excitement when BBBC equalised for us. For those believing in a late surge, once the thoughts of Wembley have been expunged..........look at the form of Bradford.........OK it's better than preceding their Final but they're not exactly stting the world on fire, eh!
Wembley Final, brilliant! (says he, trying to stir up enthusiasm for it, prior to my trip over) ..........however, was the price worth it? I believe the Final has probably cost us promotion, with the loss of our playmaker Timlin in that match at Orient . Wasn't it there as well that Philipps and Barker both either were injured, or aggravated injuries that already existed? The day out is fine but let's not fool ourselves, the only Wembley Final that means anything to a League Two side, takes place in the middle of May...................and sadly, we won't be there for it.
Bristol Rovers have Mr Mildenhall in goal don't they? I'm sure he can be put off :winking:

So, before puting the champagne in the fridge and clearing the agenda for mid May, get a reality check.

the only Wembley Final that means anything to a League Two side, takes place in the middle of May...................and sadly, we won't be there for it.[/B]

Yogi, not all of us in this country lead the champagne lifestyle that you are used to, I'm afraid ! ;)

But lets not give up all hope yet - stranger things have happened - and after Sunday those 16 or so lads might decide that they enjoyed the day out and fancy another one in May !

Back