• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

All joking aside

All joking aside - Is Alderton good enough to be in goal?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Does anyone who saw the Match last Sunday SERIOUSLY think Terry would be ok in goal for us? Even as a substitute?

Because I don't. Yeah, publicity is great and all that, but he is as good a goalkeeper as I am a comedian.

If he is even on the bench tomorrow I will be amazed. I thought that we had all decided it was for publicity, but reading some posts on here some people would appear to think he can cut the mustard.

So, it's a simple Poll. We're winning 1-0 with 30 mins to go tomorrow and Clarke either gets injured or sent off. Terry is on the bench.

Who thinks he would be good enough to come in and maintain a clean sheet?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Oct. 15 2004,10:51)]Does anyone who saw the Match last Sunday SERIOUSLY think Terry would be ok in goal for us?  Even as a substitute?

Because I don't.  Yeah, publicity is great and all that, but he is as good a goalkeeper as I am a comedian.

If he is even on the bench tomorrow I will be amazed.  I thought that we had all decided it was for publicity, but reading some posts on here some people would appear to think he can cut the mustard.

So, it's a simple Poll.  We're winning 1-0 with 30 mins to go tomorrow and Clarke either gets injured or sent off.  Terry is on the bench.

Who thinks he would be good enough to come in and maintain a clean sheet?
I would be very worried if Terry got 30 minutes for us, but I am equally concerned about the other 60 minutes with Ryan Clarke, who is GK for a competitor in our division... TBH, I don't know which is worse. Our defense will need to be in top form that's for sure!

UP THE SHRIMPERS!
blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]but I am equally concerned about the other 60 minutes with Ryan Clarke, who is GK for a competitor in our division

You aren't suggesting than Clarke would not perform to his best simply to assist Bristol Rovers, surely?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Oct. 15 2004,11:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]but I am equally concerned about the other 60 minutes with Ryan Clarke, who is GK for a competitor in our division

You aren't suggesting than Clarke would not perform to his best simply to assist Bristol Rovers, surely?
That was the suggestion and inappropriate it may sound, but the bottom line is that whichever GK we use tomorrow, they are going to be unknown entities to us... A nerve-wracking 90 minutes ensues!

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Oct. 15 2004,12:04)]
[b said:

That I very much doubt to be honest, whether that was tongue in cheek or not. From my understanding Clarke is very frustrated with his limited lack of chances at Bristol Rovers so will be wanting to prove something to them as well as anyone who could be watching....

As the table stands, Swansea are more in their way for a spot for automatic promotion so he would be doing Atkins & co. a favour by helping us beat them.

Einstein

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]That was the suggestion

<sharp intake of breath>

I think pro footballers are much more professional than that.  That is a staggering suggestion to be honest.  The guy will want to play and prove Rovers wrong to leave him  out of the side.  If there is any suggestion that he hasn't given 100% that will tar his reputation and almost certainly harm his long term career prospects.

Can't see it.  He'll want to play out of his skin.

I was playing catch today, and only dropped the ball a couple of times. I should do OK if I&#39;m picked.

Mind you, that may well be the excuse Drewe uses for not scoring for R&amp;D&#33;

God, I hope he stays there.......

Back