• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

All you idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.

J

The Chameleon
That are complaining about a pitcj invasion..
well your a bunch of killjoys

OUR club has just won the league ffs..

top marks to everyone who was with the players on the pitch, i managed to kiss steve tilson who took the time to come all the way to me in the crowd..

thank sir steve

Glad you enjoyd the day CS J......

I loved every minute of the lap of honour.....Watching Steve Tilson from 70 yards get ingulffed ...Not seeing the trophy and not getting to clap the Goat fo a final time as some people couldnt discipline themselves for 5 f%&king minutes was great.

Thanks our friends in the West.
mad.gif

Shame one of the club's biggest days in their 100 year history was marred by the minority ... again. I missed out for obvious reasons but to actually be at the ground and not see the trophy because some fans couldn't wait five minutes to run on the pitch would have ruined the whole experience.

Our club has just won the league. Great. But how comes not everyone was allowed to enjoy it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 07 2006,10:40)]Shame one of the club's biggest days in their 100 year history was marred by the minority ... again. I missed out for obvious reasons but to actually be at the ground and not see the trophy because some fans couldn't wait five minutes to run on the pitch would have ruined the whole experience.

Our club has just won the league. Great. But how comes not everyone was allowed to enjoy it?
Dont get me wrong I am not opposed to a pitch invasion once the players hap done a lap of honour.

But it just the "f%&k everyone else Im ok" attitude that pi$$ed me off.

Everyone was allowed to join in, hence the reason why everyone was one the pitch celebrating with the players

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ May 07 2006,10:22)]That are complaining about a pitcj invasion..

top marks to everyone who was with the players on the pitch, i managed to kiss steve tilson who took the time to come all the way to me in the crowd..

thank sir steve
All of you idiots who are so proud of yourselves running on to the pitch before the players had finished parading the trophy to the rest of the fans (not those who'd already seen it but the rest of the fans who had also supported the team all year and hadn't yet seen the trophy), it was YOU who were the bunch of killjoys.

WE ALL WANTED TO CELEBRATE WITH THE PLAYERS!!

Instead of seeing the players proudly presenting us with the trophy, all we got was a bunch of chavs going "look at me, I'm on the pitch! I'm a real supporter!!"

Selfish w%&kers!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ May 07 2006,11:44)]Dont get me wrong I am not opposed to a pitch invasion once the players hap done a lap of honour.

But it just the "f%&k everyone else Im ok" attitude that pi$$ed me off.
Me neither. But the vast majority could have waited just a few minutes, eh Dave?!

Flavs was sh!tting himself as the morons surrounded him and his baby and made a hasty retreat to safety, well done impatient t%$&*rs, ruined it for everyone!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ May 07 2006,10:44)]Instead of seeing the players proudly presenting us with the trophy, all we got was a bunch of chavs going "look at me, I'm on the pitch! I'm a real supporter!!"

Selfish w%&kers!!!
I was in the West and missed the trophy and couldn't even identify any players. So thanks for that. You're all right, f%&k the rest.
I had no desire to go on the pitch, never have had, so I went home. I'm not at the parade today as the prospect of rubbing shoulders with same said chavs gives me no pleasure. And, before the infants start their usual inevitable tirade, I have been a supporter for 40 years, seaso for 30 and shareholder for 20, so I think I have a right to an opinion

No. You'll be a killjoy idiot because you didn't run onto the pitch like a proper fan and ruin the whole experience for many, many others!

wink.gif

Well there was a mix of people on the pitch from "chav" to "pensioner". Its funny how the famous Collymore/Fry pitch invasion when we played Luton is remembered so vividly as one of the best moments in our Blues supporting lives but to do something similar these days is so terrible -and yes it was illegal then too.

Those people who moan were likey those sitting in Upper South who couldn't easily get on the pitch anyway and were just jealous.
smile.gif

It was more a spontaneous display of emotion and excitement, didn't see anything nasty or violent and it happened at loads of other clubs - why not Roots Hall - and if you were so pi$$ed of at not seeing the trophy, go down to the parade - thats what it's there for.

And I loved all the Man City fans celebrating Gray's goal as much as we were - great stuff!

No pitch invasion on a day like yesterday - you're having a laugh!

I don't think many people are really quibbling so much about going onto the pitch per se but that the traditional lap-of-honour was spoilt by a little over-exuberance by some which tarnished the moment, despite being asked by the club not to do encroach onto the pitch until after the formalities. And I dare say there were plenty of people from further afield who could not have made the parade today ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 07 2006,12:13)]I don't think many people are really quibbling so much about going onto the pitch per se but that the traditional lap-of-honour was spoilt by a little over-exuberance by some which tarnished the moment, despite being asked by the club not to do encroach onto the pitch until after the formalities. And I dare say there were plenty of people from further afield who could not have made the parade today ...
Spot on......Hold back the invasion till the lap of honour and then we can all f%&king well run on.........

Attitide of a few to ruin it for the rest of us.....
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ May 07 2006,12:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 07 2006,12:13)]I don't think many people are really quibbling so much about going onto the pitch per se but that the traditional lap-of-honour was spoilt by a little over-exuberance by some which tarnished the moment, despite being asked by the club not to do encroach onto the pitch until after the formalities. And I dare say there were plenty of people from further afield who could not have made the parade today ...
Spot on......Hold back the invasion till the lap of honour and then we can all f%&king well run on.........

Attitide of a few to ruin it for the rest of us.....
mad.gif
yeah it was a minority in the west stand that messed it up, me and my friends were pleading with people to wait so that the team could do the full lap... but anyway was an awesome day out.. the roots hall roar was back, shame the game wasnt great but worth it to hear the goats tearful speech, tilly sing and gutts remain fully clothed!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ May 07 2006,10:22)]That are complaining about a pitcj invasion..

thank sir steve
Yeah we're all a bunch of idiots aren't we for complaining about a pitch invasion....

Thanks to YOU chaps myself, my little boy & 75 year old Father(who has a broken arm so can't go running onto the pitch & has been a fan for 60 years!) didn't see the players or trophy in the southmost end of the East stand.

SO glad that you managed to salute our heroes face-to-face though.

I can understand wanting to congratulate them up close but the minority spoiled it for the Majority.

[b said:
Exactly. That's all we killjoy not very true supporters wanted. Let the team do a lap and then go on the pitch. I would've gone home after that a little happier and the rest of you could have had your moment on the pitch basking in the reflected glory.

I dont think the situation was helped by the players spending so long in front of the east stand, when a quick jog in unison around the pitch before the chavs got on might have been better. Felt a bit sorry for the few Bristol fans that remained to show their respect as they were largly ignored by most of our players who cut the corner off to slowly walk over in dribs and drabs to the west. And that bloody music blarrrring out!!! would much rather have just had the noise of the crowd. Nice touch from the goat going over to the Bristol fans and shaking their hands. But just generally felt really sorry for the players wth young children who must have feared for their safety when the inconsiderate hordes got on.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ph437 @ May 07 2006,12:05)]Well there was a mix of people on the pitch from "chav" to "pensioner". Its funny how the famous Collymore/Fry pitch invasion when we played Luton is remembered so vividly as one of the best moments in our Blues supporting lives but to do something similar these days is so terrible -and yes it was illegal then too.

Those people who moan were likey those sitting in Upper South who couldn't easily get on the pitch anyway and were just jealous.
smile.gif

It was more a spontaneous display of emotion and excitement, didn't see anything nasty or violent and it happened at loads of other clubs - why not Roots Hall - and if you were so pi$$ed of at not seeing the trophy, go down to the parade - thats what it's there for.

And I loved all the Man City fans celebrating Gray's goal as much as we were - great stuff!

No pitch invasion on a day like yesterday - you're having a laugh!
Completely missing the point I'm afraid.

I've not seen anyone on here complaining about the fact that people went on the pitch per se - it was just about the timing. People could and should have resisted LIKE THEY WERE ASKED TO so that everyone could enjoy the moment and not just the few who spoilt it for the rest.
"Screw the rest, I've seen the trophy so I'm now going on the pitch".

And don't tell me for one moment it was spontaneous!
Those that first ran on to the pitch had been planning to do it the moment they possibly could. I don't recall too many pensioners dodging the stewards to be the first on the pitch either.

Still a great, great day but a shame that the chavs spoilt it.

GREAT avatar you've got there though!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Yeah we're all a bunch of idiots aren't we for complaining about a pitch invasion....

Thanks to YOU chaps myself, my little boy & 75 year old Father(who has a broken arm so can't go running onto the pitch & has been a fan for 60 years!) didn't see the players or trophy in the southmost end of the East stand.

SO glad that you managed to salute our heroes face-to-face though.

I can understand wanting to congratulate them up close but the minority spoiled it for the Majority.

Agreed...I was in the North West corner, where admittedly, there was a superb carnival like atmosphere.
Unfortunately however, very few people seemed to care that I was on crutches with torn knee ligaments, as they were running past me to get on the pitch, and for that matter, during the game (half time etc..).
Obviously, to get tickets for this historic game, I had to make allowances, and that meant relinquishing my usual spot in the South Upper, but I thought the Southend public had better manners than that...very shocked.

And Mike...I agree with your sentiments...people could have waited until the team had completed the formalities in full.

oh by the way.. i wasn't on the pitch, read my post carefully..
it's called a wind up,
i said "steve tilson jumped in the crowd to me"

so there
tounge.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back