• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

All you idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ May 08 2006,08:52)]Although i won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen or an apology to their fellow supporters whose pleasure was spoilt.
I am sorry and apoligise for letting my emotions get the better of me when our team just won the league. I didnt think that by running onto the pitch before the lap of honour ended would bother people as much as it obviously has, and thought that everyone would much rather enjoy being on the hallowed turf, rather than being in the stands, obviously I was wrong. Sorry.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ((S)(U)(F)(C) @ May 09 2006,20:13)]I am sorry and apoligise for letting my emotions get the better of me when our team just won the league. I didnt think that by running onto the pitch before the lap of honour ended would bother people as much as it obviously has, and thought that everyone would much rather enjoy being on the hallowed turf, rather than being in the stands, obviously I was wrong. Sorry.
I think some people are missing the point here. As far as I can tell, no-one is speaking out against going on the pitch per se. Most people would "enjoy being on the hallowed turf" but most would have preferred to do it at the nominated time, i.e. after the initial lap-of-honour by the players and staff of the club. I have looked at the pictures and watched the excellent vid clips that are doing the rounds and agree that those people who chose not to or even COULDN'T get on to the pitch (health reasons, etc.) would have seen very little of Southend United's first championship trophy in 25 years. And that is such a shame.

down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 09 2006,20:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ((S)(U)(F)© @ May 09 2006,20:13)]I am sorry and apoligise for letting my emotions get the better of me when our team just won the league. I didnt think that by running onto the pitch before the lap of honour ended would bother people as much as it obviously has, and thought that everyone would much rather enjoy being on the hallowed turf, rather than being in the stands, obviously I was wrong. Sorry.
I think some people are missing the point here. As far as I can tell, no-one is speaking out against going on the pitch per se. Most people would "enjoy being on the hallowed turf" but most would have preferred to do it at the nominated time, i.e. after the initial lap-of-honour by the players and staff of the club. I have looked at the pictures and watched the excellent vid clips that are doing the rounds and agree that those people who chose not to or even COULDN'T get on to the pitch (health reasons, etc.) would have seen very little of Southend United's first championship trophy in 25 years. And that is such a shame.

down.gif
No I totally get the point, and I agree. Thats why I apologised to try and prove Canvey shrimper wrong when he said no-one would.

I cant believe there are another 5 pages of posts about the pitch invasion!!!

We just became Champions of League 1, back to back promotions for the best manager this club has ever had, our support is growing and a new stadium on the cards too because we have good people running the club at last!!

GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I would put my two pennies worth in seeing as this has dragged on for five pages now!!

Correct me if I am wrong, but have we not just won the League One Title?

Yes, I believe we have, and yet, some people on here are still finding things to complain about.

The fans invaded the pitch, a scenario which took place at the majaority of grounds up and down the country on the last day of the season, and has been a tradition going back for decades. It has also been a tradition at Roots Hall for decades, long before the last day of the season Lap of Honour which we seem to have adopted in recent years.

I personally couldnt give a monkeys if I didnt see the trophy paraded in front of me, I saw them presented with it in the middle of the park, as everyone else did, and thats enough. The most important thing is we won the league.

People were actually running on the pitch at the final whistle, and that is something I really dont have a problem with. It is the last game of the season, it is fans showing passion, joy and pretty much every emotion you can feel when your team has just done what Southend have done.

For me, the scene on the pitch of thousands of Shrimpers singing and dancing and celebrating was far more pleasurable than seeing the trophy up close.... I did that on Sunday!

It seems that everywhere we go now days Political Correctness has gone mad, and it has spread to here aswell. People worried about others getting crushed in the crowds etc... for crying out loud, can you imagine what peoples reactions would have been to that 10/20 years ago? I remember running on the pitch when I was young with my Dad celebrating staying up after beating Blackpool 4-0, and the seaosn after when we beat Chester 1-0 and got relegated, and they are memories that will stick with me forever, as will Saturdays.

The enjoyment of the majority ruined by the minority?... Do me a favour, there was hardly anyone there who could find anything to complain about, apart from some of the posters on here......

Oh, and for the record, I was not one of those who ran on the pitch, in fact I took a leisurely stroll onto the Hallowed Turf just as Tilly started singing on the microphone.... So I guess I, along with thousands of others, must be a chav then!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ May 07 2006,10:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ May 07 2006,10:22)]That are complaining about a pitcj invasion..
well your a bunch of killjoys

OUR club has just won the league ffs..

top marks to everyone who was with the players on the pitch, i managed to kiss steve tilson who took the time to come all the way to me in the crowd..

thank sir steve
All of you idiots who are so proud of yourselves running on to the pitch before the players had finished parading the trophy to the rest of the fans (not those who'd already seen it but the rest of the fans who had also supported the team all year and hadn't yet seen the trophy), it was YOU who were the bunch of killjoys.

WE ALL WANTED TO CELEBRATE WITH THE PLAYERS!!

Instead of seeing the players proudly presenting us with the trophy, all we got was a bunch of chavs going "look at me, I'm on the pitch! I'm a real supporter!!"

Selfish w%&kers!!!
I didn't go on to the pitch till late!! but the players stood in the directors box with the trophy in one hand and the mike in the other singing songs with us just yards away, what more do you want ? them walking aroung the pitch why we aren't even close to them and a bunch of Jobsworth making you sit down
mad.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Posted the above before reading everyone else view..

If the players did there lap..

1 - bristols fans would have gone home and all the police and stewards from there end would have come to stop anyone getting on the pitch from our ends.

2 - which means that the players wouldn't have stayed out and sang the songs and lift the trophy in front of us for that long and enjoy the celebrations,

But i suppose seeing them for 4 seconds as they walk past is a great thing.. Mongs!!

Think about it.. what would you prefer?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ((S)(U)(F)(C) @ May 09 2006,20:37)]No I totally get the point, and I agree. Thats why I apologised to try and prove Canvey shrimper wrong when he said no-one would.
Well done, and thanks and I am happy to be proved wrong.

I agree completely with the post by Xabia, and after 5 pages I suggest that that should be end of debate.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ May 10 2006,08:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ((S)(U)(F)© @ May 09 2006,20:37)]No I totally get the point, and I agree. Thats why I apologised to try and prove Canvey shrimper wrong when he said no-one would.
Well done, and thanks and I am happy to be proved wrong.

I agree completely with the post by Xabia, and after 5 pages I suggest that that should be end of debate.
Mass debate over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back