• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alleged Racism at Woking game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have be going to football games for many years don’t think I ever heard anyone around me use racist language
Lucky you!
At Millwall v Fulham in October,1998, a small child, maybe 9/10, copying his dad (?) called Fulham's left-back Rufus Brevett: 'a black c***!'
Sadly, have seen and heard a few more of those in the last 60 years.

Seriously people, I think we need to drop this now with @Chris Powell's mate. We've said what we've wanted to say and most disagree with him/her, but it's bordering on bullying now.

Try not to fire anymore comments back, it's not worth it, a person has a righ to an opinion, even if most of us don't agree.

Exactly!
There is no evidence either way about who the comment was aimed at.
One way to find out whether a black person would like being told to get back in his cage is to ask them.
I did that today to four friends who are black and of colour; light skinned in one case - and they were not impressed.
'What? You mean like coming out of the jungle sort of thing" said one.
I wasn’t there so my only point of reference is this thread, so very happy to be told I’m talking BS

Did you say to your mates “ you are out with several white mates , and at least one of them is being a TOTAl dick towards other people and (some would say) acting as an animal and one of the other people replies - you are animals , get back in your cages.”

Or did you give them the short version?

Context is ( to me) everything and the first part seems to have been ( conveniently ) missed by many

Ok, this thread is skating close to closure I think because it’s starting to veer away from the issue and into personal tit for tat stuff.

Tit for tat isn’t what we want - we don’t need any wannabe Anna Nicole Smith threads.

CPM says he asked some black mates what they thought of the phrase and the response he says he got doesn’t surprise me, although it does demonstrate that misunderstanding is a two way street. Let’s not get personal with each other please folks or we might need to close the thread. Thanks all.

I was going to post along similar lines Spiff. Interesting debates that degenerate are a feature of all social media. Thankfully this is not BBC HYS which is over moderated beyond belief or our local media SCMP which has pretty much lost any independence it maintained.

To me the thread can be summed up as

There are conflicting stories as to the sequence of events and exactly what was said.

There are conflicting views as to whether what was said was either racially motivated or just plain racist

I leave you with the CPS view on matters CPS

My personal view that the guidance is fine except for the extract ‘Any criminal offence which is perceived by the victim or any other person, to be motivated by hostility or prejudice’ the part in bold not needed and open to abuse

sorry some people are too thin skinned or is that racial. Glad i live here in the Philippines people here more tolerant.

sorry i cant see how saying get back into your cage is racial ,we are after all animals ,just a different species of animal ,we all live in a jungle ,now you tell me a city is not a jungle, its a concrete jungle .We are the worst kind of animal we kill and slaughter for religion ,greed and power. Animals in the jungle kill only for what they need.

I think everybody has had their say now and rinsed this subject completely. Let's leave it up to the authorities now and move on.

I am quite sure 394 posts on this subject has tested the best of you, so we will leave it at that now.

Thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back